SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

baby due in two weeks, we created an chat announcement site and need some feedback

My wife and I are expecting a baby around the 30th of Nov. and we've been working on an announcement site.

The idea is that friends and family can chat with the baby and ask him personal questions: weight, height, pictures, guestbook, registry etc. Also other questions like "who invented the light bulb" are answered correctly It's an omnipotent baby But we need some help content-wise. We'd like to know what friends&family would typically want to know, what questions they would ask.

Can you pretend to be our friend or family and give it a try? We can then see what questions visitors ask the most in order for us to improve the answers before it goes live! All other design/content/ideas suggestions are of course very welcome!

http://elisa.greetstheworld.com (all names: mother/father/etc are fake, we don't want the risk of anybody of our families to stumble upon it

Thanks for you help!

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, the page is not loading for me at this stage. I've tried quite a few times.

Edit:

Ah, OK, it worked on my last attempt. Anyhow, let's see if anyone else has a similar problem.

Edit:

Edit 2:

Tried to type in the text box, but after typing, nothing happens.
    Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Web Design Tips | Free Contact Form

Forum Usage: Tips on posting code samples, images and more

Forrest Gump: "IE is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you're gonna get."

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry, nighly backup was running which slows down the server a lot - bad timing should work now!

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    OK, that's better. I just had an interesting discussion with the system ... though a bit rude, I must admit. It would be good to give more prompts or instructions, though. I only have an idea of what to do because of this thread ... unless you are relying on people to know what to do because you've explained it via email or something. Some of the system's responses don't really prompt more activity or questions.

That said, it is amazing how many answers the system can give. It couldn't really handle it when I asked if the food sucks, though.
    Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Web Design Tips | Free Contact Form

Forum Usage: Tips on posting code samples, images and more

Forrest Gump: "IE is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you're gonna get."

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The intro is a bit slow, and I didn't see the point of it actually...maybe I missed something.

Once you are in, the set up is nice!

SitePoint Enthusiast WebOutGateway's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a nice website, however, I'm wondering why backspace isn't working when I tried to erase/edit my previous entry. Well, it's a bit pissed off for site visitors. I tried it, it was fun, but I guess the default chat messages won't fit the answers of the visitors. and also, i think visitors would find it fun if you'll put some literary information in your website;
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs.
    Visit and connect us now for your
    Mobile Application Development requirements.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first of all congratulation, and concerning the chat is really good idea, i like the website design, it's fresh and nice looking... it's just look perfect for me on all browsers... good job

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i really like it, though i would think it would help if there were different pics as if they change due to particular questions being asked. but can i ask how it is done? what engine of information is being used to reason with the questions?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your site design is nice.not bad,i think you should take some steps to improve more and more, good luck and hope u will made it one day