SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just started my first real stab at making a good site, and I'd like to know what you guys think. Particularly about the site design and navigation, and about the forums (which are heavily customized).

I'm looking forward to any feedback about my site.

http://www.totalgaming.net

Thanks.

[Edited by dcsonic2k on 09-16-2000 at 08:59 PM]
    David Baxter
    Freelance PHP/MySQL Developer
    Contact me for more information: [ Email ] [ICQ: 47136518]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First impression I got when I first visited this web site was, good looking site. There are so many sites out there that look like they are hot off Angelfire's Basic HTML editor. I see you got some good hacks for your UBB. The forum is nice. The site loaded quick enough for me but I'm on a cable modem. If you haven't optimized your images I would suggest you do that now. Maybe you should entertain the idea of using a different font face. I use Verdana other webmasters like other fonts. I see your linking to your shop page why not have it pop up using a javascript code so it can be view properly. I would suggest you include your web site address in your signature. It looks good keep up your hard work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow!

That's a pritty nice site!

The ownly thing I would change would to make the navigation buttons on the left like the ones on the top. There's somthing wrong with your forum though. It says there is like 18, 5, 2 etc number of posts but when you look in them there are no posts?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks fine. However, remember to define a background color in your body tag. You might also want to set the left and top margin to 0, it would probably look better. The forum looks fine, much better than the generic freeware ones. Good work.

I don't like the eopinions thing much, so I would suggest you get rid of it unless you think it's really important (or the commision, if any, is really important).
    The CardBoard Box Mansion -
    Humorous rants on society, politics, and the meaning of life.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice!
    one query though..
    the left menu bar...there are spaces after 'microsoft' and 'online store', i assume youve done this to categorise the menu...but it gives the impression of table border/spacing prob when there aint one..i think all the buttons would better neatly nested on top of each other (just my opionion).

regards

bj
    regards BJ

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats a nice site. The only thing I don't like is the scroll bars that appear on some of your pages like the news and shop pages.