User Tag List

Thread: Welcome!

********* Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Just thought I'd tell you new posters about my experiences at SitePoint Forums... I came a long time ago, when it was a part of webmaster-resources.com, and haven't been able to leave since. It is the best community of professional webmasters out there and someone is always ready to answer your question. Plus, you can contribute what you know and help others. In addition to all of this, it is completely free and you aren't attacked with slow-loading ads like at some competing webmaster forum sites. And, the moderators stay behind the scenes -- usually letting threads take their natural course, but ready to stop problems before they begin. What a great place. It is rare to see a forum that has all three criteria for being one of my favorites:
    1. Must have people posting. A nice board without anyone to discuss with is boring.
    2. Moderators are doing their jobs. A forum with thousands of posters, but no law enforcement becomes the scene of spam and flame posts.
    3. Intelligent posters. People here are successful and know what they're doing.

Anyways, good luck at SitePointForums.

David | http://www.web-master.tv
    The site for webmasters is here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well said. I think my favorite thing about these forums is that we're allowed to go off topic...you'd be amazed at how many twists and turns a thread can take!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, this forum is also the best forum I've seen around, although I do use other forums (about 5 of them)

- Son Nguyen
    AdSpeed.com - Ad Serving and Ad Management Made Easy

mouse monkey
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I totally agree, this is the best webmaster forum around. I have been to other forums before and not really stuch around for long. I think that the best thing about these forums is the community spirit, a lot of members talk to each other through IM programmes and the chat room has brought a lot of users together.

The moderators got quite a lot of grief lately and I said it before and I said it again they do an exellent job here and spend a lot of their free time keeping this forum up and running and I agree that another good thing is that they let posts get a bit of the topic.

Now did I tell you the time my dog ran away....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite a lot of grief? They got some, but mostly I just recall one person criticizing them, and then a bunch of people coming to defend them. Maybe that had a bigger impact than I'd thought...