SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello ,

I'm looking in to openning a shopping site , where I will accept credit cards , but as I heard there a lot of CC fraud going on , so , my question , if somebody will buy something not on his CC and then , the owner of cc will require his money back ... what should I do then ?

Thank you,
    bye.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not exactly understand your question. But some points can be shared with u?

To avoid customers scaring, you need to build trust on your site, namely, a trust between you and your customers, SSL protected order page, your own merchant account can also make people think that you're a serious merchant, and etc.

Addto! e-commerce and Internet Marketing Directory
    Collects and refers hundreds of ecommerce, internet marketing, and website development solutions and advice to small business owners.
    You can access various domain registration info. too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't need to do anything. If someone uses a
    stolen card on your site you'll get a 'charge-back' eventually, and a fee on top of that. Get enough of
    them and you'll lose you merchant account altogether.

TigerTom
    http://www.tigertom.com/perl-script.shtml : Super new secure
    Perl script.

Idea Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The card insurance shoudl cover that, but you should check, what you are required to do.
    Professional PHP programing / Hosting
    aim: downtoi3iz icq: 74637813

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Over here in the UK, the CC company is required to cover all losses over 50...below that it is the customer's responsibility to sort out themselves. I don't think you really need to worry about CC fraud costing your site $$$, I dont know of any ecommerce sites that have had to pay anything like that.
    If someone contacts you about fraud, then give them any info you can (like IP Address, time, etc) and direct them to the appropriate CC company.

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are lots of credit companies that are trying to increase cutomer confidence on the WEB> Has anyone heard about this? I think it is AMEX who are doing it. Basically you visit their site and get a temporary CC number and you have to specify for how much and where you are going to iuse it. Then once you use it it is bined and that number cannot be used again.

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Nicky
    There are lots of credit companies that are trying to increase cutomer confidence on the WEB> Has anyone heard about this? I think it is AMEX who are doing it. Basically you visit their site and get a temporary CC number and you have to specify for how much and where you are going to iuse it. Then once you use it it is bined and that number cannot be used again.
    Visa is doing the same thing over here in the US. You can get a temporary debit card which you charge with a set amount of money to use on the web.

Another product they are pushing is a debit card for teens. The parents load the card up with money, the kids spend it. Then the parents have access to detailed spending reports to check on their kids activities. Seems like a good idea. Might be an idea for teen webmasters whose parents won't let them touch the real plastic.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------