SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I first got Win Me, if I set a folder to “thumbnail view” it would set that folder and all folders above (or below?) it to the same setting as it. In other words if I set c:\blah\a\ to “thumbnail view” it would also set c:\blah\a\b\b2\ and c:\blah\a\c\c2\

But I then clicked set all folders like this folder and it changed all the folders on the system to “thumbnail view” So I changed it out of “thumbnail view” and clicked set all folders like this one, and all the folders switched back. But I still wanted the original folders to be “thumbnail view” so I set c:\blah\a\ to “thumbnail view” and it worked. But it didn’t set all the folders above it (or below?) to “thumbnail view” also. How do I tell it to set all folders above (or below?) the one I am setting to be like the one I am setting?

I hope this made since, if it didn’t I can try explaining again...Thanks!

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes sense to me. Try this:

Go to c:\foldertobethumbnailed\ and set the "View Options" to thumbnail. Presto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I did that. And it sets that folder to to thumbnail. But it doesn't ALSO set all the folders above that folder to thumbnail also as it used too. I dont want to have to go through each folder above it and also set that one.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to change c:\pics\ and c:\pics\cars\ and c:\pics\cars\vipers\ to Thumbnail view but not c:\docs\ and not c:\docs\sites\ then I think you are out of luck.

Maybe play around with the Default setting...worth a try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea thats what I want. Are those folders c:\pics\cars\ and c:\pics\cars\vipers\ above or below the folder c:\pics\?

Also I know it can be done cause it worked when I first installed Win Me...

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at it this way:
    Code:
     -----------
    [My Computer]
     -----------

|
      v

---
    [C:\]
     ---

|
      v

----
    [pics]
     ----

|
      v
     ----
    [cars]
     ----

|
      v

------
    [vipers]
     ------
    Following that diagram, C:\ is higher than C:\pics and C:\pics is higher than C:\pics\cars etc.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Explain again, as I may have an answer.
    Fiber
    fiber@liquid2k.com
    "Prepare yourself, it's da human beatbox"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I first installed Windows ME, if I set a folder to Thumbnail view, it would set not only that folder to Thumbnail view but also all the folders below it.

But then I went into folder properties and clicked the "Make all folders like this one" button. It changed all folders to Thumbnail view which I didn't want. So I changed that folder back to normal view, and clicked the "Make all folders like this one" button again.

Then I set the original folder that I wanted to Thumbnail view again. I also wanted all the folders below that folder to be in Thumbnail view also, but instead of setting that folder AND all the folders below it to Thumbnail view, it only set that one. So now I have to go into each and every folder I want set to Thumbnail view and change it, instead of just changing the one folder above all the other ones I want changed.

I hope this made since. Thanks for any answers.