SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What should a forums based site offer a content sister site?

What should a forums based site offer a content sister site?
    In post
    http://www.sitepointforums.com/showt...?postid=571721 Exhale81 mentioned teeming with a forums site with a content site.

I am in this situation where I have VERY close ties with my cities leading content site, but the content site cannot have forums because of some wierd corporate liablility laws. I have approached the editor about me hosting and running a seperate forums site and he is very favorably inclined. What would be good to throw in the deal to make the corporate entity also interested in this partnership? Their traffic and ad revenue is currently pretty high, but I do feel that lack of a forum hurts them.

Thanks,
    Jamie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think doing that would be an oustanding move. It's really a no-loss situation. If you want to entice the sister site, you can, depending on your software, using co-branding to give them a URL to use that has their logo and/or color scheme, etc. so it makes it more of their own while still being on your site and using your forums. This is possible on vBulletin, not sure about others.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm I was initially thinking about it sort of like www.hardocp.com versus www.hardforums.com