SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loose Tea Ecommerce Website review

This website sells loose tea, which is imported worldwide.
    I am looking for a review on usability, credibility, and if you would buy from this website.

(I know there are a few images missing, that will be added within the next week)

I look forward to your reviews! The website is www.teabrews.com
    Maarten

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    now the TEAbrews logo on the other site make more sense lol.

Love the large image when you come on the site.

it7s a bit crowded up there... facebook like, phone number search bar and account buttons.... take some out (facebook maybe) and put it on maybe one line
    or maybe have the my account login etc on a navigation bar under the green navigation bar.

Besides this I think it looks pretty good!

SitePoint Enthusiast WebOutGateway's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very clean layout and design for an e-commerce website. But nevertheless, the site is beautiful. I like it. It doesn't look too crowded. I like it
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs.
    Visit and connect us now for your
    Mobile Application Development requirements.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Site looks great! Paypal integrations work very well. The images are crisp and clear.
    The site load times are OK. I like the layout very much, and the white with soft green color scheme fits perfect with the theme of the site.

The font selection is also good, it fits the flow and the intention of the site.

Good work!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generally that's a really nice design. However that photo on the front page has to change. It looks a little amateurish and definitely incongruous next to the rest of the site. Look through istockphoto and find a picture of a woman sipping tea and looking contented (for example). Remember that you're trying to sell the feeling that someone gets when they drink your tea.

Another small point - the menu headings need to be vertically centered.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Your site is beautiful. Everything's in order, and the paypal integration works great with smooth transitions. However, if I was to point out something it would be the top bar. As another user said, it looks a little too crowded. In my opinion it's unessecary to have both a "check-out" and my cart button. Also, you should probably change the front-page picture. I assume you put an asian there because asians are associated with tea? Well, for my part it does not make me more prone to buy from you. The rest of the picture is great though. it's common for manufacturers of wine to use an illustratory picture from their wine fields to bring out the beauty of their product. Your doing the same thing, but that enormous face is grabbing all my attention.

Best wishes. You've done a great job sir!

Greger

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, at first glance it does look credible, trustworthy, and well-established.

Here are a few things I noticed:

1) Homepage. The text in the right sidebar is tiny and gray. It's pretty hard for my old eyes to read.

2) Homepage. The left and right arrows for the "Shop for Teas" pictures did not do anything. That gives a poor impression.

3) I did not find anywhere to see all the teas and prices at once, like a catalog page. People like to compare their choices...

4) Product pages. It would be nice to have information on how many cups of tea to expect from 50 grams.

5) Product pages. You should "seed" a few reviews. Get some friends or relatives to review. Send them free tea in exchange.

6) You should really consider selling a couple of unique loose tea soakers. If someone is ordering a gift on your site, they will probably want to also send the person a thing to use the loose tea in. What are those little perforated balls called?

Hope this helps,

Greg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all very much for your comments. I am working on making modifications based on your input!
    Maarten

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really nice site, I like the header and the menu, looks prefessional. The only thing I don't really like is the hover effect, drop down price thing over the 5 different types of tea on the homepage and the save now deal finder thing, yea not really liking that either, for me it's a bit annoying, but that's me.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really like the large images of the different tea leafs which tbh i have never really seen before. Site looks inviting as well and easy to navigate.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First impressions are good.

1. I like the name.. simple and descriptive.

2. The color scheme is consistent and the site is functional.

3. The use of the SSL and TRUSTe logos are good. I think you should try to fit them on the home page and not just when you click on a category to buy. I think it would make more people click TO buy.

4. The detail pics of the teas are kind of weak.. when I click on a detail pic I want to see every luscious fiber of the item. It looks like you are just resizing the same resolution image. Not very pro.

5. I didnt go through the entire checkout process but it seems pretty typical.

6. Search is effective, so nice work there.

7. I like the integrated Blog.. I think it can really help you with SEO.

Overall a good site and I think it will really move some Tea.

SitePoint Zealot
    Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

I think it's a good basis. As others have siad I think the main image needs to change, it just doesn't look right to me (You can also see that the lady has been cut out). Also, the text yellow text in the header, try to use actual text and not embedded with the image.

The blog posts need work IMO, content is fine but look at the line-spacing, styling of dates etc. and try to separate them in some way, at first glance they merge into one.

Running Chrome on Mac, the "Wellness" menu item drops onto the line below.

I like the rest, especially the left-hand bar, footer and product pages. The colour scheme works really well.
    Richard
    Resell SSL Certificates - API / WHMCS / HostBill / ClientExec
    ServerTastic - RapidSSL, Geotrust, Thawte, Symantec, SmarterTools and more

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Teabrews.com review

great site I like the home page good color and it seems you have good deals on a great product I love drinking tea myself though I do not make it myself I do not know much about it so I like that you have alot of information about the different tea's the white ginseng tea looks particular good. the only thing i would change would be to liven up your logo a little bit it seems boring and plain but the wesbite in a whole is functioning great I did not try to make purchase the payout looks easy to use and make buy's online. keep up the good work

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the site on the whole, nice layout that’s simple and not too cluttered. The only thing that I would change would be the blog posts on the front page, there’s just too much text on some of them. Perhaps shortening them or giving a brief a description and then allowing the user to click through to the full article would help tidy it up. Also the dropdown submenus seem to be slightly too high up. Other than that it looks great.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that there needs to be a larger margin/padding at the bottom of the heading "High Grade Premium Tea", and between that whole paragraph and the start of the blog/news posts.

The posts don't really stand out. I'd consider some kind of background, or alternative way of making them stand out.

Finally, I think there needs to be more padding between posts.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site comes across as professional. The URL is great. That was a good catch. The use of social media is important and easy to share. The pics of the teas are nice. I am not someone who buys tea like this, but I assume people who are into tea would like that. The notice about the cost of shipping and free shipping is clear, and a user would notice it right away. That would probably make them more likely to buy. The body is a bit wordy. It could use more pictures, but all in all, I would not have a problem buying from this site if I were looking to buy tea. Well done!