User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

image hosting site Please review

G'day All,
    This is my first website, i'm now studying web development at CIT(Australia) for the second semester and this web site is free image hosting service. I know hundred of image hosting sites out there but i would like to learn from what i made and mine is also different from others

ANY SUGGESTIONS AND FEEDBACK IS MUCH APPRECIATED

HERE IS MY WEBSITE: http://pikr.net

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first thing that comes up when I open the site is: What can I do here?
    Some intro text on top would help a lot.

Select images.
    Just make a huge button orange or light blue as in the logo that stands out.

Advertisement. I can see text... and and advertisement which is very distracting in my opinion. Move it somewhere else (bottom, since it will be seen anyway)

Content area size.
    When I click on Public Gallery the content box moves a bit to the left, make sure all pages have the same size content areas and are in the same position on every page.

Public Gallery button... it kind of looks like a logo next to a logo... move it to another place.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, get rid of the advertising. It clutters the space and will lower your conversion rate. Add the advertising later, when you have a few thousand users, otherwise you'll never get there.
    Second, make more of the central purpose of your site. 'Simply Free Image Hosting' is what it's all about, so that should be written in big text somewhere, or at least paraphrased.
    Lastly, what exactly is the point of the BBcode box? Right now its just not clear. Try to make it as easy as possible for each prospective user to understand the service and upload their first photo.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Functionality seems to me pretty good. I have tested uploading an image. It was fast and working smoothly. I like your website, but I would like to suggest something. Please move Select Image button from left side to middle and change Select Image button to something colorful. This button should attract all the visitors so that they will be interested in uploading image files. If you place that in the middle then it will be more visible. You can paste these boxes: All BBCode & HTML Code | full thumb at the bottom. Also try to change background color. You can use colorful images as background. Hope this help.

I believe any type (Adult, non-adult) of images are allowed. In that case add a disclaimer or Rules page.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uploading images is easy but finding them is a chore. It requires a powerful search functionality and preset buttons on the left to be able to sort images quickly. Design can use some improvement. Have a sample of your most beautiful images on the front page. This will make the site appealing. Your front page is so bland. You can have fun with your subject matter displaying beautiful images on your front page.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, NICE NAME! I love it.

I like the idea, but knowing the idea, I wouldn't know what to do when I visit your site.

* Label the 2 text boxes
    * Create a LARGE header that says WHY or WHAT you provide
    * You have an image site - put awesome images flashing on the homepage, or a beautiful natural scene in the background, etc.
    * Have a page that explains exactly how to upload photos, download them, link them, etc. Then, you can keep your homepage VERY simple
    * Explain that uploaded photos are private, unless the user specifies otherwise, and that any uploaded photos will not be put into the Public Gallery

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My idea is to add

Drag and Drop - Popular HTML5 this days
    and website looks very very simple, maybe add an navigation bar, Like about us, Portfolio etc..

I love the blue and white colors

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea as arena said I would recommend adding a drag and drop, it is very convenient and a lot easier to use. The page layout in general is quite pleasant and the name is one worth keeping. The public gallery did however take quite a long time to load for me and I think that you shoudl remove the direct url, bb code full and thumb and the rest of those, it does look quite unattractive, apart from that, excellent site
    well done
    Last edited by ralph.m; Dec 18, 2012 at 00:30. Reason: removed link

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello friend,
    I am try ur site, but use of this site is explain in detail, so please explain I am new here

SitePoint Enthusiast seohuntanalytics's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well , the first thing is text with keywords - you want your site to be found via search engines, don't you? The second thing is ads - do not place it on your site until you have constant traffic (google doesn't like such things ). The third - add more images to the main page, after all your site is for image hosting, so add some "bells and whistles".
    Hope, my advices will be useful

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Button "Select images" too small and dark.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool site easy to use I would add more of a description of what the site is about on the home page more visible the site itself seems very plain but seems to be functioning well keep up the good work.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice domain but need make new logo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An impressive logo will help your website actually pay more attention