Results 1 to 4 of 4
Nov 11, 2012, 20:39 #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Melbourne, Australia
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Wordpress eCom or Magento CMS decision - full specs listed, PLS HELP
I have suggested a website redevelopment project for a client in the (B2B) retail services sector.
The proposed website is a split of products (catalogue only at this stage) and information. In the near future it will have eCommerce/online shopping functionality, but only for about 60-70% of their products (total of 100). They want the inventory to be integrated with their popular ERP/Inventory System.
I had the idea that a wordpress site with cart plug in functionality could suffice. However the Magento has crept into the conversation due to its powerful eCommerce capabilities. It won't be a massive site but the integration with their inventory systems is critical.
It will need to be:
- easy for my clients (non-technical people) to maintain the catalogue
- as functional as any other informative/corporate website
- will also have blog capabilities
- needs to maintain the company's excellent SEO ranking
- integrated to include email marketing perhaps directly from their ERP system
- be easy and inexpensive to maintain and secure
- have excellent cross-categorisation/navigation functionality
- 3D rotating product images should be easily implemented
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated