Thanks for taking the time to look at my post. I have a simple Homeserver which I use for a small group of people to keep contact with and provide updates of club events,

On one the of WEB Pages I have a Table and within the Table there is an Object statement

<div align="center">
<table width="295" BGCOLOR="0033cc"border="1" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<th width="287" scope="row"><h8>Entertainment Updates</th>
</tr>
</table>

<table width="985" BGCOLOR="#fffff" border="5" align="center" cellpadding="40">
<tr>
<th width="989" scope="col"><object data="message.txt" type="text/plain" width="966" height="74" align="middle" border="3" >
</object></th>
</tr>
</table>
</div>

When the message.txt ( notepad file ) is updated remotely by another user the WEB page wont show the updated message until you refresh it.

I have tried using the <META HTTP-EQUIV="PRAGMA" CONTENT="NO-CACHE"> to stop pages being cached but of course if a person is already using the page they wont see the new message until they move off the page and back again.

If I use - <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="5", then it works but as the page does have some images on it the whole page flickers when it updates every so many seconds it does look not so good and very annoying.

I have been looking for a Javascript code to just refresh that particular part of the WEB page table but cannot find anything suitable that seems to work. On one Forum another they say that it is impossible but on another forum a user said he already has got this working but could not remember the code......I dont want to use any Server side code as my server is really basic but does the job.

As you can tell I am not the best programmer in the world so any help would be appreciated

Thanks John