User Tag List

Threaded View

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Content generation and more.

At the moment, I use wp-robot just for rss feeds for one of my websites. It's "ok" but it's a bit messy. WP-Robot was probably a poor product choice for me. I'm not a pure "autoblogger". My site has fresh content from the forum and I write my own posts as well. I get a lot of traffic. I'm a bit of a 'hybrid' blogger.

Here's the problem:

I don't have the time to write a blog post every day and I don't have the money to pay a writer. I still need fresh content on my site. Sports news happens by the minute and I want my site to have this news available even if it's from espn, fox sports, local new papers, etc.

What should I do? Should I create a section just below my "Featured Posts" area that contains links/titles to "Steelers News from around the web". Should I make sure that these posts don't get indexed by google to avoid a SEO penalty?

Really need some help here.

Thanks in advance.

On a unrelated note, I keep hearing the duplicate content will get you penalized by Google. How does sites like the Huffington Post get away with it and still rank very high?
    Last edited by Shyflower; Nov 8, 2012 at 17:07. Reason: removed link to site from thread
    PlanetSteelers.com - Pittsburgh Steelers Blog, and Fan Site.
    SteelersApparel.com - Steelers Gear
    PittsburghSteelersForum.com - Steelers Forum