My company is using a web hosting company to host the company’s website. We are provided a dev environment and a production environment.
msxml4.dll error '80072efd'
A connection with the server could not be established
I looked into this and found out that Microsoft is no longer supporting xml parser 4. I’m now rewriting the page to work with xml parser 6.
Here is the original code that used to work in dev and prod:
I’ve tried rewriting the code and it’s working in dev environment, but not in prod. In prod, the code returns a HTTP 401.1 - Unauthorized: Logon Failed. Now before you tell me to simply run the page on the dev box, let me explain why I am switching to prod:
1. My site uses a database to allow or hide site features.
2. Features are being reviewed on the dev box before they are released into production.
3. I need to push the site to production while features are being reviewed and I don’t want to turn off the features in dev while the site replicates and turn them back on afterwards. (requires pre replication and post replication action pages)
4. I can setup a page to run on the prod box after replication finishes, to turn on or off approved features. (post replication action page)
5. I can’t get the ASP code running on the Dev box to modify the DB on the production server for obvious security reasons.
This is why I want to run the replication page on the production server. Load replication page, refresh status till complete and then run some post replication code to hide unapproved features.