SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to market my 'Software testing Interview Success Kit" on Internet -Suggest

I want to market my ebook 'Software testing Interview Success Kit" Internet marketing gurus can you please let me know how I will sell my PDF on internet . Where i need to register my ebook to get maximum conversions

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Elaborating a bit with some more specifics would help.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, i would suggest you to create a landing page for the ebook and provide insatant download. if your ebook is paid, provide gateway for payment and instant download after that. then, give away some review copies to the best reviewers around you, some forums, bloggers, etc. then, one more trick is that you pay them for reviews. then, create a affiliate program from where the referral can earn some commission for it. keep the commission high so that people would love to join your affiliate program. and then market it all over the web via advertising and more...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suggest you to check out Lulu.com - you can upload this PDF as an ebook, and set the price of the book. Since Lulu already has a good search engine presence, you can expect to rank easier and thus sell more quickly. Of course, a lot of this depends on the book description and the other cover details that would help attract the visitor.

SitePoint Mentor silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're serious about developing and publishing ebooks, my advice would be to not distribute them as PDFs - or, at least, not exclusively. PDFs are designed to show fixed page sizes, and these don't work well with hand-held ebook readers like the Kindle, Nook, or smartphones.

Much better to do it in Kindle and ePub formats, which support flowable pages. With these formats, the book will fit well with any device, and can also be read on full-size laptop or desktop PC screens.

If you opt for Kindle format, you will be able to distribute your book through the Amazon publishing platform, which will remove all the hard work of physical distribution, billing and collecting payment (but at the cost of giving Amazon a cut in your earnings). Similarly with Barnes & Noble's PubIt system for ebooks in ePub format. But, either way, you will still have to promote the book yourself, which you would do via your own website, with a "Buy now" link to Amazon or B&N.

Mike

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another point to raise is that you're entering a huge market that is mainly dominated by big names and reputation. You can do all the marketing you want for your eBooks, but why will people choose your book over the Spolsky's and the Skeet's of the software world? Are you publishing off the back of a popular software blog? Do you have a high reputation on a reputable software site?