Gre aus'm Pott gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Hi reedbird8,

At the very bottom of your page you have this:
    HTML Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://theturtleroom.com/otherassets/ToolTip/tooltipfunction-footer.js"></script>
    Try removing the following lines from this file and inserting them directly before the closing body tag of your HTML document, between two script tags, like this:

Code JavaScript:
    <script>
      jQuery('#main_wrapper').html(jQuery('#main_wrapper').html().replace(tsd1a, tsd1aTip).replace(tsd1b, tsd1bTip).replace(tsd2, tsd2Tip).replace(tsd, tsdTip).replace(it, itTip).replace(pl, plTip).replace(scl, sclTip).replace(wc, wcTip).replace(ltc, ltcTip).replace(cb, cbTip).replace(at, atTip).replace(bt, btTip).replace(ccl, cclTip).replace(gsd, gsdTip).replace(ip, ipTip).replace(mtDNA, mtDNATip).replace(nDNA, nDNATip).replace(bm, bmTip).replace(wt, wtTip).replace(et, etTip));

if(jQuery("#sp_classification").length != 0) {
        jQuery('#sp_classification').html(jQuery('#sp_classification').html().replace(/(ESA)/g,'<a href="#" class="clickTip" title="<a href=\'http://theturtleroom.com/educational-resources/esa\' target=\'blank\'>U.S. Endangered Species Act (ESA)</a>">$1</a>'));

jQuery('#sp_classification').html(jQuery('#sp_classification').html().replace(/(CITES)/g,'<a href="#" class="clickTip" title="<a href=\'http://theturtleroom.com/educational-resources/cites\' target=\'blank\'>Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES)</a>">$1</a>'));
      }
    </script>

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And then I'm back to the gallery not appearing...

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Oops, sorry, I forgot the call to setTimeOut.
    You should include that as well.

Code JavaScript:
    <script>
    jQuery(document).ready(function() {
      setTimeout(function() {
        jQuery('#main_wrapper').html(jQuery('#main_wrapper').html().replace(tsd1a, tsd1aTip).replace(tsd1b, tsd1bTip).replace(tsd2, tsd2Tip).replace(tsd, tsdTip).replace(it, itTip).replace(pl, plTip).replace(scl, sclTip).replace(wc, wcTip).replace(ltc, ltcTip).replace(cb, cbTip).replace(at, atTip).replace(bt, btTip).replace(ccl, cclTip).replace(gsd, gsdTip).replace(ip, ipTip).replace(mtDNA, mtDNATip).replace(nDNA, nDNATip).replace(bm, bmTip).replace(wt, wtTip).replace(et, etTip));
        if(jQuery("#sp_classification").length != 0) {
          jQuery('#sp_classification').html(jQuery('#sp_classification').html().replace(/(ESA)/g,'<a href="#" class="clickTip" title="<a href=\'http://theturtleroom.com/educational-resources/esa\' target=\'blank\'>U.S. Endangered Species Act (ESA)</a>">$1</a>'));
          jQuery('#sp_classification').html(jQuery('#sp_classification').html().replace(/(CITES)/g,'<a href="#" class="clickTip" title="<a href=\'http://theturtleroom.com/educational-resources/cites\' target=\'blank\'>Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES)</a>">$1</a>'));
        }
      }, 2000);
    });
    </script>

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the tooltips are back to not reading the css...haha. wow. So, for whatever reason, the timeout doesn't seem to play with with reading the css...doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm also curious as to why IE9 doesn't care if the timeout is there or not, but Chrome needs it to run the gallery. Strange to me.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Strange, that worked for me.
    Then one last thing to try.
    Try inserting the entire contents of tooltipfunction-footer.js between two script tags directly before the closing body tag of your HTML document.
    Let me know if that works.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. Wouldn't even run the tooltips at all like that, not really sure why, but it wouldn't.

oye.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I've set everything back to how it was before changing this all around. I may just look for a different Gallery solution here. I'll have to put some thought into the next step.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Hi there,

I managed to get the gallery and the tooltips working by wrapping the call to initiate the galleria plugin in setTimeOut instead.

Line 427:
    HTML Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">
      jQuery(document).ready(function() { 
        setTimeout(function() {
          jQuery("#galleria-1").galleria({ width: 574, height: 436, thumbnails: true, autoplay: 0});jQuery(".galleria-container").css("background", "#efefef");
        }, 2000);
      });
    </script>
    Does this work for you?
    If not I can post a demo somewhere.

Edit: I shoul also mention that you can then remove the setTimeOut from tooltipfunction.js

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BINGO!

Wow....nice! Thanks again! You're good at this stuff. I definitely owe you for all the help you've given me!

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    My pleasure.
    I'm glad we could get it sorted out in the end

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pullo View Post
    My pleasure.
    I'm glad we could get it sorted out in the end
    I even downloaded Firefox today to see how it was reacting there. It was a problem not just on the webkit browsers, it seems. So I'm very glad its working now, since a lot of traffic comes from firefox and the webkit browsers!

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Yeah, browser testing can be a real pain, but if you're fortunate enough to know what technology your visitors are using, that certainly helps!