SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Drupaler bronze trophy greg.harvey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Simple MM Director question.

Hi. I know little/nothing about Director but while I was on my Christmas hols my company got in a freelancer who did a presentation in Director. It was very nice. It simply had three movies that had a button each to play them. Two were SWFs and the third was QuickTime. His presentation worked really well, but the client decided she wanted the movies to play in a loop too.

Knowing nothing about Director, I decided to outsource this to a freelancer again. Unfortunately the guy who did the first presentation was away so we went with another guy. Thing is, he took the original assets, converted them all to QuickTime (badly!) and then made the presentation from that. He took 6 hours to create a presentation that we couldn't use cos the quality was too poor and it was something that I thought was a 2 hour job. Especially since I ended up doing a passable job in Flash (when I had no option) and that only took 2 hours.

Am I over-simplifying this in my mind? Did he rip us off? Could he have used the SWF files without converting them to QuickTime? If someone with Director experience could let me know I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

G

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in short, yes, he could've used the flash files. and yes, i think you got ripped off. imo, flash does a poor job of converting to quicktime, at least my attempts at it.

if i understand what you needed, it should have been less than 30 minutes to make the changes needed. i haven't done any director in about a year, but there is a button that one can click (in the properties box) to make the movies loop, including the flash movies. or he could've simply added a loop script to the flash movies themselves and re-imported them.

sorry man.

Drupaler bronze trophy greg.harvey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for letting me know. You confirmed my suspicions really. Still, no skin off my nose really cos I didn't pay him. My company did. I think we got him through a temp agency anyway so they may have some come-back with the agency. I don't know. Oh well ......