SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would really really like some serious feedback on my complete redesign of http://www.jigga.com. We just finished uploading the redesign of the site tonight and we believe that it looks great a lot of our visitors love it and our traffic increased substantially after the new release even though we still haven't told the press about it nor anyone else, except our normal traffic.

I want you to totally disect my site if possible, tell me everything that you find wrong with it, I can take it. I sure know I dish it out. Also, I would like to hear positive feedback as well. Anything good or bad will definitely help me to know what's working and what isn't.

Also, if you look at my site and would be interested in a co-promotion, being a partner with me, co-branding, linking, or whatever you call it, please contact me as well, I'll just take care of it all at once. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I cant compare it to how it was before, as this is the first time I've been to it.

I would have thought you would have used brighter colours for an entertainment site - the main page seems pretty boring - nothing really stands out - except for the advertising banner!

Thats the only negative point I have -I like the site content etc - just not the colour!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    I can only agree with Kamran.
    Use some brighter colors. This is an enternainment site. People should feel comfortable, but with this design.... dunno.

Try to make it a bit more interesteing to look at.
    Almost fallen asleep hehe. just kidding.
    But you get the point I guess :-)

Bye

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi

i think the colors go well togeather but are probably not the colors for your site.

i do like the idea that the user may find the header and footer are the same.

thanks ed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, this is the template that everyone on my site voted on. I did a vote with about 500 participants and this one won with a 34% vote. The second best of the 8 templates we provided for them to vote on only got 19% of the vote. SO, it was pretty obvious which one people liked the best. Also, Jigga has never really been a bright site, so I think that's why people voted for the drab olive like colors. I normally like to go with oranges and such for humor and entertainment, but they told me not to take that route, so I didn't. However, thanks for the feedback, I'll work on getting a new color system in place.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brighter colors are a must, and also I found that the animated banner at the top was kind of distracting. It kept drawing my attention away from the text.

I don't know if the banners at the top are random, if not then I would recommend changing it. If it is random, then break the text up with some blank lines between paragraphs to make it easier to read.

Otherwise it is a great site. Nice layout, but a little heavy on the advertisements.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of nice content on the site, but the colors are definetly bad. Pick some brighter colors.

Ad is also very distracting. Try putting a different one up there.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like the border around the big table, and it also makes the horizontal scrolling bar appear, so I'd suggest you get rid of it. The colours really are inappropriate. You might want to show the actual bumper sticker pictures instead of just words. Also, you seem pretty obsessed with how your site is "largest", "big", and whatever, so what's up with that? The site is good, but there's really no point of emphasising how big it is over and over, especially when there aren't statistics that people can see.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good site, nice list of jokes, i would lose the bumper sticker offer from the front page, its kinda cheesy.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what i dislike in this site is the font you choosed, i think that a much "modern" font should be better.
    i agree with others, i think you gotta "add life" to your site, first step changing colors...

only my opinion, hope this could help
    simone
    Simone Lippolis
    Milan, Italy
    www.hotservices.net