SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out my new experiment...

an experiment in passing information in and out of Flash using ASP and storing the data in a DB.

http://www.plasmapages.com/boxes/start.html

Dumb PHP codin' cat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a suggestion, you may want to look at loadVariables instead of getURL when you store the box so that you do not need to open a new window. You could then add the entry to the drop down list in realtime without the need to "go to your favorite website" and then come back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm?
    im not using loadVariables or getURL. Rather I am getting the data from Flash, storing the data in hidden form fields and then submitting the data when the save btn is clicked.

It's because it seems like that submit button automatically leaves the page Maybe instead of using a submit button Ill just use a btn that calls a function???

thanks for the comments, I'm really not the best programmer, just a hack with a bad habit

Dumb PHP codin' cat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh right, I see now, for some reason I thought you had done the whole thing in flash, I see the flash is in a frame and the buttons are in another frame. Since you are using ASP to store the shape in a database, I would suggest you start looking at dynamic content from within flash. There are a number of ways to create that whole thing in flash including the drop down list and submit buttons. That way you could send the data to an asp script store the shape in the database and repopulate the dropdown list with out ever having to leave the flashe movie. Do you have access to Flash MX? If you do I can post a sample of what I am talking about. I have a similiar application that I have been working on and I can share it with you if you want some ideas on how to accomplish this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh I know I could have done it all in Flash. There's a reason behind my madness.