SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn! I can't really decide between using Everyone.net and BigMailBox.com to set-up an e-mail service on my site!

Big Mail Box
    - Only 4 MB
    + Can send Welcome E Mail
    + Only small powered by message (no logo)
    + More templates
    - No POP3 Support

Everyone.net
    + 6 MB
    - Can't send Welcome E Mail
    - Powered by logo
    - Few Templates
    ? POP3 Support

and there's another service :

http://turbosport.com

it gives 20 MB p/ user but the sign-up page 4 webmasters takes you to the sign-up page for the normal users.. big problem!

could somebody please help me out!

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I use BigMailBox at my site (see example: http://www.sports-central.org/commun...il/index.shtml )
    but I would most likely use Everyone.net if I had to start over. From what I hear, Everyone.net has more features and less ads. BigMailBox has had some outrageously long downtimes in the last month... most noticeably one that lasted nearly 4-5 days. It qued all my e-mail and I ended up receiving 140 new e-mail messages one morning that it had collected while it was down. However, everything appears to be back in order now.

BigMailBox is not bad, but I'm not sure they're the best. A good thing about Everyone.net is that they give subdomains like http://mail.yourdomain.com and other features such as message boards, plus they will link to your site in their directory if you're good. It's your choice.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i use bigmailbox.com and quite happy, but:

- bigmailbox.com has is very often down (especially in the last weeks)
    - bigmailbox.com does not let you design your own pages (and evryone.net, too) - no common look and feel

and how many users sign up for an email account who requires to fill out 2 pages of details ?

itīs very hard getting customers this way, i guess itīs not worth spending time, but have a look for mine one, i have invested time and will leave it now:
    http://www.webtipz.com

rgds,
    markus

http://www.MachMehrDraus.de
    Digital Photography and more!

Idea Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bigmailbox has way to many ads.`
    Professional PHP programing / Hosting
    aim: downtoi3iz icq: 74637813

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use everyone.net for the mail services on my site, and have not noticed any downtime from them. You only get 50% of the banner ads, but that's no big deal to me.

Everyone.net was quick to set up on my end, and doesn't take all day for users to register.

The only things I wish Everyone.net would have are:
    1. A Welcome email
    2. A notification email to me that someone new has signed up
    3. Weekly stats by email (users, messages, etc)

But then again, it is free, so I really should not complain too much!

Thanks!

Patrick Weatherford
    www.BottomDollarDomains.com
    $12 Domain Name Registration

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I operate SoldierMail.com which I use BigMailbox.com for my email services. I'm 16 and this has been my first web site. I really like it because I don't do the work. BigMailbox.com handles my support and basically the hold thing. I really like it that I can email all my users (almost 10,000), I like my easy stats. With BigMailbox.com you can easily neogiate your banner ratio... I easily got 80(me)/20(them) so you should try too. I would like to see a lot more feature with BigMailbox.com. There programmers tell us that they are working on new ways to enchance the system but now They are trying to make more money using a splash page. Or a page full or advertisement right when the user logs in. I don't like this idea at all. I would like to see the following features on BigMailbox.com,

POP3 Services
    Reminder Service
    Calendar Service
    Email Filters

This would really seperate them from the rest. Bigmailbox.com is good but my users have complained of delayed email delivery, and a lot of downtimes which I've expereniced myself...If I could do it all over again I would offer email service with CGI myself and I would have 100% banners in the inbox and I could control it all. If someone know how I can change my bigmailbox members to another service I will be utterly happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a big proponant of customer service, so if that is any indication, my vote would be with Everyone.net. I just set up a service with and had a major question over the holiday weekend. I couldn't find the answer on their boards or FAQs. I emailed support with my phone number and was called back personally first thing Tuesday morning. I expected an email back, but not a phone call.

Sometimes the internet can be huge and impersonal. I try to give my business to those sites that remember the human. (Atomz is another one!)

Debby Kilburn
    "With computers, everything is possible, but nothing is easy"
    AIM: fourhweb

Lord of the Underworld
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I use Everyone.net, and since I didn't know any other services existed when I signed up for them, I may be a bit biased. However, here are the +'s and -'s of everyone.net as I see them

+ Great customer service
    + 50% of YOUR banner ads
    + can use subdomains
    + Can be used in conjunction with a forum and search, with the same usernames
    + relatively easily customizable

- no POP3 ( as far as I know)
    -no welcome message
    - large powered by's

(please note, that I ddin't have time to read the other posts, so if what I said has been repeated, then, yknow,)

Adam

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it could be of any help.

I use BIGMAILBOX for a small site I made a year ago. I don't know exactly how many members we have but it wont be much more than a month ago (around 300).

I am not pleased at all by the bigmailbox service. Way to many ads, and 2 signup pages like mentioned before.
    Allthough I never used everyone.net, I would not suggest you to use BigMailBox, they are not bad, but if you put the same amount of ads, be as slow as they are and get that much information to sell.... you could better do it yourself (and set up a script) even for small amounts of users.
    Toon - It was I, Leclerc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by SoldierMail
    I operate SoldierMail.com which I use BigMailbox.com for my email services. I'm 16 and this has been my first web site. I really like it because I don't do the work. BigMailbox.com handles my support and basically the hold thing. I really like it that I can email all my users (almost 10,000), I like my easy stats. With BigMailbox.com you can easily neogiate your banner ratio... I easily got 80(me)/20(them) so you should try too. I would like to see a lot more feature with BigMailbox.com. There programmers tell us that they are working on new ways to enchance the system but now They are trying to make more money using a splash page. Or a page full or advertisement right when the user logs in. I don't like this idea at all. I would like to see the following features on BigMailbox.com,

POP3 Services
    Reminder Service
    Calendar Service
    Email Filters

This would really seperate them from the rest. Bigmailbox.com is good but my users have complained of delayed email delivery, and a lot of downtimes which I've expereniced myself...If I could do it all over again I would offer email service with CGI myself and I would have 100% banners in the inbox and I could control it all. If someone know how I can change my bigmailbox members to another service I will be utterly happy.
    Actually, you can setup BigMailBox for POP3. Just make you@yourdomain.com forward to an actual POP3 account (i.e. you@yourisp.com) and it should work fine. That's what I do.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer everyone.net to bigmailbox becuase
    It has a better customer support.
    It has more features like customization and larger storage.
    Everyone.net has other products. You can integrate all or more than 1 of them at your site.
    Addto! e-commerce and Internet Marketing Directory
    Collects and refers hundreds of ecommerce, internet marketing, and website development solutions and advice to small business owners.
    You can access various domain registration info. too