SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

site redesign... opinions?

As always on the 1st of the new year World Web Works tweaks their site design. The same is true for this new year.

I'd like some opinions on the layout, graphics, load time, wording, etc... anything constructive or destructive is appreciated.

If you experience bugs or problems, could you be so kind as to include your browser type and on what page you saw the bug?

www.wowewo.net
    Thomas C. K.
    World Web Works
    www.wowewo.net *** 773-685-7634
    Your Internet Solutions Provider

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Suggestions:
    • Lose the font tags! Put them all in a style sheet, it will make your page load up quicker.
    • Consider dropping the need for so many scripts. Alternatively, if you use those scripts all over your site, consider putting them in a .js file and referencing them with something like this:
      Code:
      <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="myscript.js"></script>
    • Consider dropping the tables. Consider XHTML, or at least HTML 4.01.
    • Try dark text on a light background. It will make your content easier to read.

Just some quick suggestions to make your site load quicker and take you into a new era of web standards.

Bimbo With A Brain! silver trophy Saz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, but if you want feedback on your site you will need to post in Website Reviews.

Please note that you will need to have completed at least 3 good reviews in that forum within the last 30 days before your review request will be authorised.
    Saz: Naturally Blonde, Naturally Dizzy!
    No longer Editor of the Community Crier.

Don't mind me, I'm having a BLONDE moment!