User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Review my site please! VPS/ Server selling business

Hello,

We have a relatively new site running and are looking for some feedback. Everything helps!

http://www.mach9servers.com

Any thoughts on?:

- Overall Professionalism/ Credibility of the website
    - Packages/ Services/ Prices
    - Would you buy? What's the biggest help/ hinderance to sales?
    Last edited by spikeZ; Nov 4, 2012 at 16:19. Reason: relay text as requested

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know if I am qualified but here are my impressions:

Background graphics are nice.
    Stylish looking over all, I'd say it is credible and professional looking.
    The live chat and phone support would get my vote as a user. I use my host because they take phone calls. I passed over other servers because support doesn't take calls. I like the live chat option as well.

Not so much:
    The animation is a bit annoying, while the images are nice they are really in your face. Also is it really needed, or could the same animation or even stationary image be better served elsewhere?
    the plane itself looks poorly done compared to the rest of the detailed graphics.
    The font for Mach 9 at the top is kinda army and not fast looking. Especially when compared to the idea of speed that the airplane is supposed to give.
    Why the military look? Not that there is anything wrong with the military itself but it doesn't suggest "use my server!" anymore than a hello kitty look would to me.

Good luck, the prices look good too.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graphics related to core the core product instantly confirm the visitor is in the right place. Some basic info with a variety of specific subjects invites to click through. I haven't looked at the sales pitches on various pages, but I expect the site to be successful in terms of ctr and time spent.
    2 things I have my doubts about.
    The top 2/3 of what I saw first was too dark for my liking and the lighter, small fonts on a dark background is generally not conceived as enticing.
    The "main" changing "ad" of what seems to be the core product, alternates between $6 and $113. I presume this is an attempt to "catch everyone", but is probably likely to turn away busy business users. If I am looking for a business product and find a $5 item, I won't look further but kill the page. The inverse is also likely where somebody looking for a budget host and is confronted with a 113/month offer, will move on as it too far out of their budget.
    My instinct tells me this bit of display will lose you more business volume than you gain by it. From all I hear from fellow sme owners, target marketing is far more effective than throwing a wide net.
    Little pet-hate of mine: $5.99, $112.99; it is so 20th century. An old trick to make something look less expensive than it actually is. Apart from that, it only ever was marginally effective in creaping up to, but staying below strategic psychological prices e.g. 4.99, 99.99; neither 6 nor 113 dollars is a strategic barrier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall the website looks great. the Christmas lights are driving me nuts. As cool as that may be to some people, it may be distracting and taking focus away from your service. I also think that that entire Christmas coupon graphic needs to go somewhere else. It sends your packages below the fold.... and as a hosting customer that is the first thing I want to see.

- Overall Professionalism/ Credibility of the website
    This is pretty good to me. You have all the important contact information at the top, including a phone number. I do think you need something somewhere that increases your credibility. Customer reviews, Security validation, BBB logo, satisfaction guarantee etc. I see you have some guarantee as a menu item, but a customer should not need to search for this...

- Packages/ Services/ Prices
    Your prices are excellent. I am looking at this as a customer. Recently I was looking for dedicated servers, and I see you have quite good packages. But I would be hesitant to order, because of the following reasons:
    - I want WHM/Cpanel. I do not see this mentioned. Would I get this? would it add to the cost?
    - I have no idea how long you have been in business, and how reliable you are. If you have external reviews, link to them.

- Would you buy? What's the biggest help/ hinderance to sales?
    Probably not.... but if you can show me how reliable you are, I might be interested in your dedicated server, if it comes with WHM/cPanel, and if you can optimize it for Magento.
    Maarten

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice site!

Load quickly, images are big and clear...I liked it! Didn't like the Christmassy theme too much tho...