SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Internet marketing
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    How can I index my blog on blogger?

    When ever I search my Blog on Google it never gonna show any thing about it. What can i do for this?
    please help me
    <snip/>
    Last edited by Mittineague; Oct 23, 2012 at 12:43. Reason: Please wait until you get your signature

  2. #2
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's weird. How old is the blog? Have you published any content in it yet? I've made a blog with Blogger and it showed up in search results just fine. The only reason I can think of is if the blog is brand new and isn't indexed yet.

  3. #3
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Internet marketing
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is about one month old. That's why i am searching for something that help me to index it. Even when i am search with url no result found regarding to my blog
    please help me...

  4. #4
    Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    TechnoBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Argyll, Scotland
    Posts
    6,225
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I've never used Blogger so I don't know how it works and I'm guessing here. Does it have an option you can set somewhere to allow/block crawling by search engines? If so, it may be set to disallow indexing. Do you have a robots meta tag on your pages forbidding indexing?

  5. #5
    SitePoint Member henry kate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Traverse City
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vijaysin07 View Post
    When ever I search my Blog on Google it never gonna show any thing about it. What can i do for this?
    please help me
    <snip/>
    I think you have to bookmark your blog and share your blog post on Social media sites like facebook, google plus and many more.
    Last edited by Mittineague; Oct 23, 2012 at 12:45. Reason: fixing quote

  6. #6
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You also can submit your blog URL in blog pinging websites.

  7. #7
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could try the Submit URL tool from Google with the URL of the blog, I guess.

  8. #8
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    4331 Horner Street Youngstown
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check your content / XML-sitemap / robots.txt and use SEO analytic tools to find the way out.

  9. #9
    SitePoint Mentor silver trophybronze trophy
    Mikl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    1,565
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't need to submit a sitemap, or use the Submit URL tool, or submit to pinging websites, and you certainly don't have to list your blog on social media sites.

    This is what you need to do:

    1. Go to the blog's control panel.

    2. Go to Settings / Basic.

    3. At the top of the page, under the heading "Basic", click the Edit button next to Privacy.

    4. Set the following options to YES: "Add your blog to our listings?" and "Let search engines find your blog?"

    5. Click Save Changes.

    6. Wait a few days or a couple of weeks for the setting to take effect.

    Mike

  10. #10
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    55
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with Mikl. There must be something wrong with the setting if you can't find your blog on search engine while you have put your blog url.

  11. #11
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikl View Post
    You don't need to submit a sitemap, or use the Submit URL tool, or submit to pinging websites, and you certainly don't have to list your blog on social media sites.

    This is what you need to do:

    1. Go to the blog's control panel.

    2. Go to Settings / Basic.

    3. At the top of the page, under the heading "Basic", click the Edit button next to Privacy.

    4. Set the following options to YES: "Add your blog to our listings?" and "Let search engines find your blog?"

    5. Click Save Changes.

    6. Wait a few days or a couple of weeks for the setting to take effect.

    Mike
    This may indeed be the issue, but these settings should be enabled by default. I'm curious to see how this turns out.

  12. #12
    SitePoint Mentor silver trophybronze trophy
    Mikl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    1,565
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by attractsp View Post
    This may indeed be the issue, but these settings should be enabled by default. I'm curious to see how this turns out.
    Yes, I would have thought so too. With luck, Vijaysin07 will come back and let us know the answer to that.

    Mike

  13. #13
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Internet marketing
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Austin80ss View Post
    Check your content / XML-sitemap / robots.txt and use SEO analytic tools to find the way out.
    What I need to do with XML- sitemap. How does it helps to get indexing .
    Please elaborate some thing about it.

  14. #14
    Mouse catcher silver trophy Stevie D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    5,888
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vijaysin07 View Post
    What I need to do with XML- sitemap. How does it helps to get indexing .
    Please elaborate some thing about it.
    You can read what Google have to say about using XML Sitemaps here:
    http://support.google.com/webmasters...&answer=156184

  15. #15
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vijaysin07 View Post
    When ever I search my Blog on Google it never gonna show any thing about it. What can i do for this?
    please help me
    <snip/>
    Try Social Bookmarking for indexing your blog just submit your blog in high page rank website, Social Bookmarking is the best option to index your blog quickly.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •