SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your home page is quite good , but you have to focus on your other pages .

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Layout and Theme: I like it, it's simple, clean and attractive.

I can tell you're not finished with the site, but it would look good once you are. You should edit the search bar so that it erases the "search and go" right after clicking it, some people get irritated when they always have to erase it when searching something :P

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for your replies, unfortunately I was away from this forum for a little while.
    Quote Originally Posted by obscend View Post
    Good, clean design. If I may offer some more input for SEO and your images - you can use CSS to hide text when displaying an image so search engines still pick up the text even though it's going to be in an image.

For example, in your ID "logo",
    PHP Code:
    #logo { text-indent:-9999px; } 
    Then just place your site name and slogan in there so you're not losing some important elements.
    Hmm, if you check my HTML and style you will see that's exactly what I did. Great minds think alike, haha. Just kiddin, that's a method I read about on some blogs so I applied it here. However, some say this is not very healthy. Any ideas regarding this?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFox View Post
    Hi there! My first impression was positive, and that's always a good thing

Good work with this being your first shot with web design! You have a great sense of balance. The layout itself is clean, and that’s always my first consideration. Almost all of your elements are spaced well, except the search box could use a little more padding.

I feel you need work on your typography. I feel serif fonts are tacky. Maybe browse around Google fonts and find something cleaner and more modern.

The patterned background has been played out. Maybe try something new?

Not sure why others don’t approve of the color scheme, grey and red is alright. Unless you’re actually building a snowboarder website, in which case you should probably go with shades of blue

Make sure your headlines are clickable, as that’s the first thing I clicked. Also, if this site is about imagery (i.e. pic of the week) you might want to make that cover photo a big taller.

Keep at it, you’re doing great!
    Thanks a lot for your kind works. Also thanks for your recommendations, they are welcome! The headlines should be clickable indeed, but that will happen (if it will) after turning this into a theme.

Quote Originally Posted by anujgarg View Post
    Great design!! The concept of 'pic of the week' is much more attractive. I also liked the color combination for your site.

Still I have found some points that you should think upon:

- Replace (Continue Reading) with (Read More) to make site content shorter and specific. It should be at the right side of the paragraph.
    - You can place social networking icons at the bottom of your page instead of putting them at right panel only.
    - Change the menu bar links with initial capital letters.
    - Can you place a banner rotator or image slider somewhere to add some sort of interactivity for the website?

Apart from the above said points, your site rocks. Keep it up
    Thanks for your kind words!
    Quote Originally Posted by technocrews View Post
    Your home page is quite good , but you have to focus on your other pages .
    Yeah, at the moment the rest of the site is not done.
    Quote Originally Posted by oninez View Post
    Layout and Theme: I like it, it's simple, clean and attractive.

I can tell you're not finished with the site, but it would look good once you are. You should edit the search bar so that it erases the "search and go" right after clicking it, some people get irritated when they always have to erase it when searching something :P
    Indeed, my site is not finished. Thank you for your suggestion!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the design it is what any website should be simple and to the point with clear and accessible layout. Btw for you search button you should use a "placeholder" attribute rather than a "value" so that whenever you click in the field it goes empty.