Overall, the site looks quite good. However, there are a couple of things you can (and maybe you should) improve:
1. The font used in your logo and headline doesn't really fit the general look and feel of the website. You should try something else than a calligraphic font, eventually a sans-serif one. Just see what fits the design of the site better.
2. I usually don't wanna know how many people are on a website. From my point of view, this kind of counters are useless.
3. You should place those subscription boxes (RSS/email) upper in the sidebar, if you're looking to get more subscribers.
4. Maybe you should experiment with less ad spaces and see which position is the best for you. There are quite many at the moment.
Thanks for the feedback. There are many ad spaces as I believed the site is also quite huge . The font in the logo is in fact different, but my wife said it matches :P I have to talk it over again with her! Counter is a trick to grab some attention :P. Moving rss might be a good idea. I am new to rss in general I was just wondering if people are really using it?
Haha, okay, no need to argue with your wife, right ?
RSS is a very important tool, lots of people are using it. RSS readers are very easy to manage and one can bring all your favorite websites' content in a single place. So yeah, RSS is quite a big thing, make sure people subscribe to your blog if you are always posting new content.
Still, about that counter, it does grab attention, but there is no need for users to focus there. You need to grab attention to your logo, content (so you can give people what they came on your site for) and maybe then serve them some ads. If they like anything, they'll click it and bring you money.
You blog posts are quality and accurate, although i think you should stick to one medical theme and elaborate it detailedly. This way the website content and your professionalism will seem more impressive to the reader, and you will have better chances to target niche medical products.
Here are a number of things that I think will be improvements to your website
1. Take away the smiley in the site title, I've considered that in the past but NO it's no good, takes away credibility!
2. The lay-out is nice, but it's so cold, it's not attractive and it doesn't invite me to browse around. More colour!
3. Create better categories, it feels random and I don't know what to expect really when looking at the nav bar.
4. That big grey thing on the bottom of the page is messy. Condense that more and it will look better.
5. Not enough incentive given to do something with social media. Maybe do a plugin so people can share more stuff man?
6. The twitter icon looks off, it's like the twitter bird got bigger and older or something. Please do the original twitter bird.
7. Give yourself credibility, show us why we can learn from you about this and that you are not just a guy who tries to make money with adsense.
Conclusion: Very good website, like it a lot, some things that could be improved imo, but I rate your website for you now!
A nice clear and impactful desidgn with nice graphics and photos. The footer section looks dis-proportionaly too large for the page so consider thinning it down. For SEO purposes you may want to think about adding more footer sections and including links to the xml sitemap and css etc but otherwise its an excellent site can't find much wrong.
I removed the smilies in the headers I want it to look professional. I also moved rss higher.
I tried to experiment with background color but it just has to be like that... There is too much color everywhere and either blue or yellow does not match with the rest then . I guess more colors would also bring more chaos.
Maybe I will ask my writers which are doctors if I can use photos of theirs to get more credibility. I will think about categories - they are random as I didn't want to include empty categories now and I thought to add them as I will be getting more content.
Took only 4 seconds to load, impressive. If you don't mind me asking, is this a wordpress theme and if so, which one?
1. Your social icons don't take you to your social profile. Not sure if that is because you are not set up yet on social media or simply a mishap.
2. As mentioned, very cluttered with ads.
3. Place your social media icons in your footer as well
4. If your site is going to rely on users subscribing, place it at the very top of the sidebar, not the bottom.
I like the fact that you are answering questions on your site. It gives people a reason to visit and they are able to find an answer right away. By doing this, you should be able to bring in a steady stream of visitors.
Yes, that is standard WP install (maverick theme bought on theme forest) but it is not an Apache server. I moved it to Nginx and I believe it is so much better than Apache .
Social icons are not working yet as I haven't managed to create my profiles yet . Working on this though!
I guess moving users subscribing to top is a good idea . Hopefully I will grab viewers attention.
Thanks again for all the words! I hope more is to come!
As someone else said it does get a little messy as you scroll down. I like your above the fold, its a good use of a slideshow and it is clear what the website is about. Why don't you try categorising some of the blocks and moving that content to a seperate page? For example, the horizontal bar - recent posts - why not make that vertical and show just titles with maybe the photo of the first post. Also the served ad is very offputting in a horizontal format like that. We all have to make money but i feel it detracts from the integrity of your site. I would look into making that a bit more discreet. In general i think the block/boxes area design is pretty good but i thnk you need to think more about UX. You have got people in with the 'above the fold', try and think about organising some of the content navigationally. You are trying to display everything at once....tease people a litte more. Hope some of that helps.
Hello there - at first look your website is impressive however, for the sake of review to improve you overall interface - here is my observation:
1. Your header has no authority all, I am sorry to say this - but you must come up with a header that convey "brand". Create a logo that will portray or best describe your website theme. Make it distinct.
2. The response just before this was right - the "featured" post section is really fantastic, however when I scrolled it down, it's not really organized at all. Make sure interface simple. Do not use too much columns.
Here is my comments: overall the website is modern website and it suits the style the trend. I agree with the WebProWorker you should change the font of logo and header. it's not good in my place. Another I suggest you should make the website responsive. Now mobile is most popular now. and there is some problem in your slideshow. the next arrow is disappear in the third image.
in my opinion the web site looks great and as all things are great now you just need to do its search engine optimization so please do on page seo of your site and then off page that will rank your site and you will earn some traffic.
I like the web layout however i would get rid of the dark slider in exchange for a lighter one. add some stocks photos people to it or at least explain the website in terms of how it works and what you can do on it. Also i would recommend changing the typography and logo
I saw your site and what I felt that lots of space is white. The design is good but it feels like the site has less content as compared to white space.
One design i saw was of the site <snip> which had very nicely covered the ad spaces.
This is my opinion but yes the design clarity is quite good.
Last edited by TechnoBear; Dec 15, 2012 at 07:46.
Reason: URL removed
"# of people online" gives you credibility, but I'm not sure I would put that at the top.
Now, with advertising that many people online, but only 6 facebook likes, I would "fix" that...google ways for that, or advertise this some other way. There are a lot of different facebook widgets you can use.
Reviewing your site, it seems it was built to generate ad revenue. True? There are a lot of ads, in fact, an ad almost just as big as your homepage "slider" right in the beginning. How long do you want visitors to stick around, anyway?
I like your tagline, very relatable to a lot of people out there.