SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation What is Islam About?

I tried to make the website work fast and responsive. I was planning to use themes from Elegant Themes or Rocket Themes but their response time was over 2 sec even on my local. Then I found this theme called "responsive" at WordPress theme options and used it. Main idea was to make the web site work fast!

www.whatisislamabout.com

Is the page working fast? Any comments and suggestions, especially from SEO perspective?
    Last edited by ralph.m; Oct 20, 2012 at 06:07.

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Seems pretty fast to me.

One thing I would suggest is that you say who you are, or a bit more about the site and who's behind it. Anyone interested in such information is going to want to know what your angle is, so to speak, and whether your information can be trusted—since you may be a legitimate source of unbiased information or a nut job pushing a barrow ... as there is a lot of that on the web.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Validation errors
    line 5 column 123 - Error: Attribute xmlnsg not allowed here.
    line 5 column 123 - Warning: Attribute with the local name xmlnsg is not serializable as XML 1.0.
    line 90 column 84 - Error: No space between attributes.

<title>What is Islam about? &#124;What is Islam about?</title>
    Why is the title repeated ??

-
    falcon
    Many good Free Tutorials at:
    http://freetutorials.name

SitePoint Enthusiast CreativeConcepts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes the website is very fast. I have average internet and I did a test in Chrome, Firefox, Safari & Internet Explorer.

I think the website needs more visuals because the theme is quite calm. Pictures with people in them are proven to have positive influence on the browsers experience on a website.
    So do that it will help you in many ways.

Maybe the homepage can be a bit more descriptive of what the visitor could do on the website. It's obviously for learning about Islam but there are a couple of things missing.
    Where is your credibility?? Why should I believe your information, if you make the visitor see you as an expert they will want to browse around.

For SEO, I still believe in backlinks. Get some good ones, no irrelevent.. mehh you can learn about that in this forum no need to duplicate content. which is also a thing you need to avoid on your website. Do you use google analytics, if not I would start doing so!

Now something else, the topics of your website seem not organised to me. There is a menu with Muslim things, Islam things, Islamic things. And then the topics are quite random.. Religion, Ramadan, Peace.. I mean maybe you should make some good categories so people can find what they need better. And maybe explain things a bit better.
    -- So have the menu with clear categories ''like: islam and then all things islam related there'' And try to explain a lot, act as if the visitor knows nothing.

Okay that's all I could think of I hope it helps you improve a bit! Goodluck,
    Milan

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a interesting idea to promote understanding of Islam. Who is the target audience, followers or those seeking to understand the faith better. At the moment I see it as a site for those of Muslim faith, maybe more of a focus promoting a positive side of Islam (being a peaceful religion) to dispel any negative views of those who aren't Muslim. It currently looks to much like a word-press site, but it serves good purpose of being very informative about Islam

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think u can more improve for the footer..