SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Redirecting Problem...

I created a messaging system for my site but the prob is when i sent message then it go to <> message.php <> page but i want to redirect this link to <> messages.php?frm='.$user.'' <> i tried header option and include option but its not working. its reply me an error so how could i redirect this link ...

if you have solution or have a new idea please tell me.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Show us your code.
    Never grow up. The instant you do, you lose all ability to imagine great things, for fear of reality crashing in.

Hosting Team Leader silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anturj View Post
    I created a messaging system for my site but the prob is when i sent message then it go to <> message.php <> page but i want to redirect this link to <> messages.php?frm='.$user.'' <> i tried header option and include option but its not working. its reply me an error so how could i redirect this link ...

if you have solution or have a new idea please tell me.
    Just to take a stab in the dark, my guess is you are using the header function after you have written output to the page (an echo statement, or any content) which is not allowed. A header function call must occur prior to any page output.
    Be sure to congratulate Patche on earning July's Member of the Month
    Go ahead and blame me, I still won't lose any sleep over it
    My Blog | My Technical Notes

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ow guys thnks for ur reply... i did and my problem is solved i just did change on form option it was look like <form method="post" action="message.php"> some code </form> and i just change that like this <form method="post" action="message.php?frm='$user'"> some code </form> and its now working that what i wanted thank you guys but if u have any other good idea if this is wrong then give me suggestion