SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I wanted to ask you guys - seeing most of you are very creative - if you got some killer ideas for a contest on a webmaster resources site. I got some nice prizes like hosting. The contest would have to bring me more traffic. So let your mighty - cough - brains work and let than your fingers burn

Christophe

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about some kind of scripting contest...the result of which you can use on freesources.net?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another id...
    although this could cause some spam problems

you make a contestscript that lets people signup on your contest (to win the price) and automatically a page is designed for them (with content you provide, like kinda doorway page to your site) You put a big counter on it, with advanced tracking possibilities only aviable to the contest-people.

The goal would be that the person who can best promote his page (give him extra features such as; keywords edit. editorial content on page... etc.) and has the biggest number on his counter wins the price. To archieve their goal they must read your tutorials on your site..

i know kinda complicated idea... i feel the mood to write it.... but i don't have time nor a webmaster page so guess you'll need to do it. Could be interesting as I don't think anything like this has yet been done (maybe cus it just stupid? :-)) and as the contest itself will generate big traffic to the individual pages (which are of course good linked to your homepage)

If prices are big, then people will take the contest.

don't know if it's clear what i posted, it's getting late and tomorrow i have an exam... so my head is ****ed up :/

c ya freesources
    Toon - It was I, Leclerc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd recommend something simple, and (above all!) easy to do. Perhaps the old WR contest "Link the lazy way and win!"?

Lord of the Underworld
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, if you want somehtign creative, then I'd say have a little symbol, or typo, hidden somewhere in the site and it changes every day. The person that finds the most or the first person to find it each day wins a prize... or somethign

but, I'd say that the easy and simple contests do work best...

(Helpful post 300!!!)

Adam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by adam
    Well, if you want somehtign creative, then I'd say have a little symbol, or typo, hidden somewhere in the site and it changes every day. The person that finds the most or the first person to find it each day wins a prize... or somethign

but, I'd say that the easy and simple contests do work best...

(Helpful post 300!!!)

Adam
    freesources.net is full of typos and it's all my fault. But plz gimme some credit cuz I only get english for about 3 years and that only 2 hours/week :/

Christophe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Toon
    Another id...
    although this could cause some spam problems

you make a contestscript that lets people signup on your contest (to win the price) and automatically a page is designed for them (with content you provide, like kinda doorway page to your site) You put a big counter on it, with advanced tracking possibilities only aviable to the contest-people.

The goal would be that the person who can best promote his page (give him extra features such as; keywords edit. editorial content on page... etc.) and has the biggest number on his counter wins the price. To archieve their goal they must read your tutorials on your site..

i know kinda complicated idea... i feel the mood to write it.... but i don't have time nor a webmaster page so guess you'll need to do it. Could be interesting as I don't think anything like this has yet been done (maybe cus it just stupid? :-)) and as the contest itself will generate big traffic to the individual pages (which are of course good linked to your homepage)

If prices are big, then people will take the contest.

don't know if it's clear what i posted, it's getting late and tomorrow i have an exam... so my head is ****ed up :/

c ya freesources
    Hi Toon,

This is a great idea, but I'm not sure it will bring in targetted audience... I sencerely hope that not 100% of my visitors are webmasters of webmaster sites

It's a great idea for your site for example but not really for a site which only serves those who want to have or already have a webpage.

Still thanks for the good idea It came out pretty well for somebody who studied all day

Christophe

ALSO THANKS TO THE OTHERS!! Whenever I feel like thinking I will merge some ideas and make something beautyfull

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well yeah

here is a comment made by a sucker who just made a 'average' exam

well freesources indd i wasn't that clear. It is not like you give em a website. just a single standard page... everybody has the same, but they can alter keywords, have a lil space on it to alter text, and they have to promote it.

It's just promotion contest.... but indd not THAT good id

allthough if nobody implements it, i will someday
    Toon - It was I, Leclerc