SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Background MANIA! (suggest a tutorial, please)

I've browsed the forum and found TONS of tutorials for background effects. The post "175 Tutorials" and "Resources" had countless tutorials alone. I need some help narrowing down my options. While browsing through some personal pages, I came across a few button walls/affiliates list that linked me to a site called Stunning Designs There, I found 3 various backgroud effects that I thought were, just like the name, Stunning. You can view the the images here, here, here, and here When I first viewed them, they looked like psp/ps crystals/spikes but it seems that's not it. However, I might be wrong. Can someone offer some input? Or suggest a tutorial?

I also came across this background effect. Is this done with brushes? If so, do you know where I can download them at? Or is this a psp/ps effect? Because I go to a variety of diffrent forums and communities for interaction from diffrent groups of people and opinions, I usually get a variety of diffrent answers. I was told it was done with a brush, and from a diffrent forum, I was told it was done with a psp effect and that the opacity was lowered on each layer. I'm hoping to once again get some effective help from sitepointforums.
    webgeek_bOnnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A)Yes, crystals. Copied and rotated with various blending modes.

B)Probably same thing as above, smart and motion blurred.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try making some wild zig zag designs using polygonal lasso tool and fill with solids or gradiants

do it again on a few more layers and mess with the blending options

http://www.x-hype.net/test.jpg

just something i whipped up trying stuff, you can also use 3d studio max to better get that effect, also a good tutorial at robouk.mchost.com about making cool better lookin crystals than mine