SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Always A Novice bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I've used Eclipse for years, but I believe I'm going to start using NetBeans. It seems to be catching on and for good reason. It has nice Symphony and Zend Framework integration if you get to that point.

SitePoint Zealot
    Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph.m View Post
    To be fair, it's an excellent code editor—one of the better ones, IMHO—with lots of handy tools. The code editor tools that I've used don't add any markup, but just make it handy to work with the code, like hiding sections of code while you work. I know plenty of people who use Dw as a code editor, and there's no reason that would stop them getting a job.
    This
    Richard
    Resell SSL Certificates - API / WHMCS / HostBill / ClientExec
    ServerTastic - RapidSSL, Geotrust, Thawte, Symantec, SmarterTools and more

SitePoint Zealot
    Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once you've decided on your tools, once you get into building and tweaking pages both Firebug and the Web Developer Toolbar will save you hours of time
    Richard
    Resell SSL Certificates - API / WHMCS / HostBill / ClientExec
    ServerTastic - RapidSSL, Geotrust, Thawte, Symantec, SmarterTools and more

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get plenty of web development tools on the web such as Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Panic Code and Notepad. You can develop your website with the help of the given tools. Dreamweaver is well known commercial web development tools and a professional developer prefers or suggests it. It has incredible features which will assist you to develop high-quality website design. It supports various web development and scripting languages such as PHP, HTML and ASP.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi friends,

You use Dreamweaver and php for developing web. Dreamweaver is mostly use for web developing and designing.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is such a wide open question, it is actually pretty tough to answer. Given that you are just starting, though, I'd recommend focusing on free tools and spending any money you have on books and other training. So, if you use Windows, +1 for Notepad++. Also, don't forget a good FTP program, and a local web development environment, such as XAMPP. Make sure you have Chrome and Firefox (with Firebug) installed.
    Any money you have to spend on this project, spend it on books and training. I'm a big fan of Lynda.com, and "HTML5 & CSS3 for the Real World", a Sitepoint book, would be a great investment. The rest is just time and effort.
    If you are on a Mac, try Mamp and Textwrangler.

I would NOT use Dreamweaver, though. It is expensive, and before you spend that kind of money, you need to find out how committed you are to this and what type of coder you are. If you do go with Dreamweaver, don't use its WYSIWYG mode. DW can actually be a great hand coding tool, but you need some experience in order to configure things correctly. I work on both PC and Mac, using Dreamweaver on my PC and BBEdit on my Mac. After nearly 15 years of web design and development work for a fortune 500 company, I wish I could now commit to a Mac full time, because I feel that's the best OS, especially for front-end work, but that's just me...
    Seriously, though, keep the tools simple, spend your time on training and education....

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am very frankly to say that adobe photoshop and macromedia dreamweaver and i consider them as the best for web design.

Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    It's been over a month since the OP last visited this thread, and it's getting repetitive, so I think it's time to close it.