SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been playing with this idea for a while now with a few other people and thought id run it around a few boards and see what the reaction was.

The idea is to have a weekly seminar which runs on IRC. It will be well organised and wont run unless its ready to. Basically anyone who has a lot of talent in a specific graphics program takes an hour lesson. First half of the lesson devoted to the teacher discussing and running through key issues, tuts or anything they want with images and such hosted by us in advance (or by the lecturer if there happy to do that) which people can view while taking part in the lesson. Second half of the lesson would be a pure question and answer session. You ask the clever guys how such and such is done.

The whole thing will be free, no membership required and if you surf along to the following URL you`ll find out more about it as well as being able to sign up to a special mailing list for anyone interested in knowing when the first courses are starting

http://www.sc2.redhotant.com/worksho...veseminars.htm

Feedback would be nice. Any early adopters? You don`t need to be a qualified teacher to take part. All that is needed is confidence with a particular graphics program or creative genre such as design. We have a couple of CGI lecturers and some nice talent ready to get early courses going but to really run with this it needs support and feedback to hone it.
    Garry
    "Eat like a bird, poop like an elephant"
    www.FantasticArts.com

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can talk about automation or cool tricks in Photoshop, PHP, SQL, or Linux.

Contact me if you want my help. My e-mail addy is just a click away, on the Mail button above this post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Email sent! thank you for showing an interest. Seems the mailing list is starting to grow but finding people who know subjects well and are willing to talk for a while about it is not so easy so thank you!
    Garry
    www.FantasticArts.com

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe we could promote your seminars within the community here if your willing to plan some for the Sitepoint chat room. We already have it set up and several Channel Operators in place.

I have a few ideas for promotion of the idea. IF you are interested contact me via email. I would also be willing to help hold some of the seminars in topics such as advanced HTML, Javascript, CSS, ASP, Windows WebHosting and SQL. Sorry I don't have much graphics experience but would be more than willing to learn.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mail sent. Looking forward to seeing just how far this whole project can go. I`ve been very surprised and delighted at the interest shown so early on from a number of people on different boards.

Garry
    www.FantasticArts.com

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds like a great idea! I would be interested in teaching some classes in ASP/HTML etc, and I would come to the graphics ones so that I could learn.
    I think it would be best if they were done in the SitePoint chat room, some of the ops could be asked to take some classes if there weren't enough volunteers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can talk about FP2000

and about mIRC scripting and HTML. Most of all how to get Windows98 stable. That should attrackt many visitors

I'm open for the thing

Christophe