SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question multiple forms with the same button class name HOW to post it JQuery and Ajax

Hello everyone

Im faced with a problem

i have a page where there is a list of name

For each name there is a form with select box and hidden input and submit button

How i can make the user click select box and submit the content to the server without
    refreshing SO HE/SHE could go to the 2nd and 3rd and so on

Please direct me

I tried using different field names for each form but the button need to stay with one name so i could call the script
    BUT JS does not understand which form to take it keep taken the first form in the list....
    \
    Im sure the answer is simple but i just cant figure it out its been 2 night trying im on the verge of quitting
    i know the best way is to use JS

Help me out

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make it 1 form and 3 divs, then give each div an id and hide them but not the first one. After every small part in the form you add a button with the onClick java event and make the 2nd part visible and so on. And the last one has a real input submit button.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes i can do that but my issue is slidly different im sorry i think i have not explained clear in my post i will try now

assume you have 10 employes list
    you want to update status of 2 employies who missed today work
    and u want to add information for 2 other employies who where late 4 hours

So the first idea was to display all employes in a list
    form1
    Emp A-----CheckBox for if missing ------ Text field for Hours Missing -------- hidden text field for Emp ID ------------ then Submit button
    form2
    Emp B-----CheckBox for if missing ------ Text field for Hours Missing -------- hidden text field for Emp ID ------------ then Submit button
    form3
    Emp C-----CheckBox for if missing ------ Text field for Hours Missing -------- hidden text field for Emp ID ------------ then Submit button
    form4
    Emp D-----CheckBox for if missing ------ Text field for Hours Missing -------- hidden text field for Emp ID ------------ then Submit button

If i make each form unique then i guess i have to do ajax call for each form and thats a redundant code
    I want a way where i can submit information for the employes who missed today work without refreashing or conflecting with other forms....

in my head thats the easiest way to do it in useability wise :-)
    imagin if there is 100 employes list
    also imagin if there are 30 employes missed today work.

The idea is to do it like FACEBOOK comment button .... i mean if possible JS

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never mind
    i changed the style
    i used open window object which is supported by all major browsers, it seemed easier to do it this way
    I should start picking up JS and JQuery

Thanks Guys