SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please share your opinion about my WP video site

I have just recently finished my new WP based video site where the focus is to bring only the best of YouTube videos for users to discover and enjoy. I wanted a simple and clean layout where content is king! I also want to encourage a bit of a "social environment" where users can sign up and share their own YouTube discoveries.

Any thoughts and feedback would be greatly appreciated! Visit the site HERE

PS: I've done some basic SEO but in my opinion, due to the nature of the site, majority of its growth will happen through social sharing rather than search engines...yeah?

Thanks guys!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good, Also Elegant themes had a video plugin named e-Video. It was pretty good too.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys, def will check those out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need to add more bottons on header section and background color should more darkish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that the first option is to search, the design is quite clean and slick.
    Also something very nice that you added is the keyboard shortcuts! very nice! Also a legend to see what to press! even better!

Let me just point out that by looking at your site I found this video which I think is pretty damn cool: http://www.discoveredonyoutube.com/p.../#.UG6yaVHlzJA hahaha!

Social media is the best way for you to promote this site!
    Statvoo.com The Website Traffic Monitor
    The best way to monitor traffic to your sites for free!

Web Development London UK We make web 3.0 applications

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys! Any tips on how exactly I can get that initial boost with social sharing/engagement?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any other feedback anyone? Would greatly appreciate it!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I barely noticed "Your #1 source for YouTube's greatest..". You've got to make people see this, it's not just some line.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mike, will consider!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best part of your website that I love the most is the big display of the videos, as if I am seeing a video in a stretched LED TV. And one thing I was surprised to see that any FB actvity like "like" or "share" was missing beside the "tweet" option!! I guess you aren't fond of FB much!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks e2, I'm currently working on setting up additional sharing options like FB.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the site is not working...

SitePoint Enthusiast CreativeConcepts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Man View Post
    I have just recently finished my new WP based video site where the focus is to bring only the best of YouTube videos for users to discover and enjoy. I wanted a simple and clean layout where content is king! I also want to encourage a bit of a "social environment" where users can sign up and share their own YouTube discoveries.

Any thoughts and feedback would be greatly appreciated! Visit the site HERE

PS: I've done some basic SEO but in my opinion, due to the nature of the site, majority of its growth will happen through social sharing rather than search engines...yeah?

Thanks guys!
    Hello, man!

I have been looking at your site for about 60 minutes now, all the time I have before I go to bed, so I hope my feedback will help you out a bit at least!
    Warning, I haven't used spellcheck on my review because of tiredness.

What I like
    Love the lay-out, its clean and organized. Makes it look good and also makes it easier to navigate through the page.
    There is a lot of fun content, definitely a good base there! And I like the video plugin!

What I didn't like
    The logo is not bad at all but it's really plain, not something someone would remember I think
    There is not enough reason to sign in. If you give more of an incentive to do so you might be able to create that social environment.
    If a visitor goes to your website and he does not want to watch a movie he can do nothing. So he will leave. If you make maybe an about us page (or something anyway) to keep those visitors busy for a second. then they will stay on the site and there is more chance for the visitor to watch those movies then or browse deeper in the site.

Also I am not sure how you are that much different from YouTube's 'popular videos' section, but if you will make this website your own thing people will come and stay! Good luck amigo!

- Milan

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool site. Might I suggest that you write a little more text especially on the first page. I needed something to read and get interested in. Text and keywords will help you in the search engines. I got the initial response of "Cool! Videos!" but then I wanted some meat to chew on.

Give more detail about who is deciding what the 'best' videos are and how you came to that conclusion. Get a little more visitor interaction and make them feel that they are part of what you are doing. Maybe have a vote based on suggestions and then announce the winners each week or something like that.

Good job making wordpress look non cookie cutter. I like it.