User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hosting Team Leader silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Betong View Post
    I am pleased that you managed to sort your problem and while looking for a solution I learnt a lot about Curl which I am sure will be useful for a future project.

I am curious to know why the script I supplied is timing out. This is unfortunate because it is appears to be a very fast solution.

http://www.johns-jokes.com/downloads...exec/index.php
    PHP Code:

{"url":"/api/stream/list.json?channel={meditor996}","error":"rate limit exceeded for 173.199.151.52"
    Nice site by the way, quite colourful
    I don't think your code was "timing out" just that his hosting provider disabled or does not allow curl_multi_exec. I agree, it is a snazzy solution (I like it), seems the host didn't want to support multiple connections simultaneously however (I could see where a shared host may do this for a variety of reasons).

SitePoint Mentor bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cpradio View Post
    I don't think your code was "timing out" just that his hosting provider disabled or does not allow curl_multi_exec. I agree, it is a snazzy solution (I like it), seems the host didn't want to support multiple connections simultaneously however (I could see where a shared host may do this for a variety of reasons).
    Yes I like the solution and was impressed when tried with different URLs.

I also liked the script because it is small, flexible and fast.

I will have to run some more tests to create multiple links to another server and see if I can find a way round the problem.
    Learn how to be ready for The New Move to Discourse

How to make Make Money Now with a *NEW* look

Be sure to congratulate Wolfshade on earning Member of the Month for August 2014