User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast AimyThomas's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to Get Login time history in PHP?

Hi,

Need a perfect user data base solution for my ecommerce website. I want to track whole activity of my end user until the user logout

Thanks in Advance

. shoooo... silver trophy logic_earth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright...and what is the question or problem you are having? Or are you wanting to use us as free labor once more? I would think judging by the link in your signature, that you would have the ability to develop such a system. :s
    Logic without the fatal effects.
    All code snippets are licensed under WTFPL.

Hosting Team Leader silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is very similar to providing a Who's Online component to a website, which consists of the following:

First you have to have a MySQL table, lets call it Sessions (or whatever you want to call it; with at least a session_id column and a last_activity_date column, you can add additional columns)
    Next you INSERT a record into this table storing the session id of the user session_id() and a date/time stamp (using MySQL function NOW()).
    As the browse your site you update that record's last_activity_date column.
    At the same time, you have either a cronjob running or a second query run on every page that queries the Sessions table checking for a date/time stamp that is more than X minutes ago.
    Example: session_id 123456 last_activity_date reports 2012-10-04 11:00:00 and it is now 2012-10-04 11:15:00, so 15 minutes have passed with no interaction.
    Now do whatever you wanted to do with those records.