SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Facebook is more popular because it has many applications to use and lots of people around the world used it. As Facebook has many interesting features and benefits, people show more interest on Facebook. Facebook is the place to connect more friends, a best entertainment place, can promote your business, create fan page, share information, pictures, videos, content and lots more. The most reason of become famous is it's appplications.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Likes, Trust, Broadcast, Connect with People - Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by shyambansal View Post
    I think, Everyone is on Facebook today. I want to know how the social networking site facebook.com become so popular
    Facebook is what you feel about what I like, but without the option of DISLIKE button - an ever big requirement

Likes are the latest trend and fashion for brands to survive. Social media was just everywhere, now its on Facebook and so is everyone.

Question - (POLL)

How do you think Facebook with evolve -

1. 1-Evolve and Develop into a Commercial Machine - Perhaps e-Commerce
    2. 2-Stay as it is - same Likes Vs. Dislikes and Immature Pictures?
    3. 3-Or would evolve to become a Marriage bureau with Promotional Codes?

SQL Consultant gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulFlessis View Post
    How do you think Facebook with evolve
    you forgot option 4 -- die a slow and painful death, just like myspace did
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL
    "giving out my real stuffs"

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People find it interesting. Made me realize how psychotic some of my friends are.

SitePoint Enthusiast vincewicks's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It became very popular as it was a site to target kids and youngsters. There was no alternative at that time as myspace had dried out, there was orkut which had dried out and Facebook was something quick with some great apps and games so hence it worked out really well.
    This site is the go-to place for web designs.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    facebook is easy to navigate,it has lot of games and user friendly interface.So its lead the social network.but nowadays facebook limit the friend request

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Facebook has nice layout..wonderful service and very user friendly system.. Especially very helpful for small business owners. It is one of the main cause of their popularity. And another thing they are not stopped, they are updating their sevices. These changes are attracting people and users are not loosing their interest on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Mark launched a perfect social media site at the right time, it was an innovation with special features that was never offered by anyone else over the internet. Facebook effect is still going on!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Facebook became popular because they solved problems other social networking sites failed too. For example they solved the slow site problem myspace had by disallowing that level of customization and forcing everyone to use the same theme. Which also added to its maturity level. They also created a nice API which opened the door to 3rd party developers to create games and other "apps" which end users are attracted too(which is a big reason the iPhone became so successful too). As K.Wolfe mentioned they also initially limited who could join which is a sure fire way to spark a great deal of interest as people are attracted to things that are hard to be a part of(take gmail being invite only for years and everyone trying that much harder to get an account). Facebook also started in colleges so is a good user base to start from as they tend to have a number of friends and things can spread quickly.I don't think Google is going to give up on G+ anytime soon though, so whether Facebook can continue their dominance is to be seen.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are fascinated about getting that freedom to express themselves through their shout outs, photos, and videos. They can easily get connected to people from all over the globe.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is easy to create your own personal website and great for advertising

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Facebook came at a time when people began getting sick of orkut and myspace. It was more restricted, neater and offered a certain sense of security that these two didn't offer. Orkut had the annoying feature of interaction through "scraps" which everyone could see unless you played around with your settings. This made it possible for the cheap crowd to view things you were doing there and also interact with it without your permission. Facebook allowed you to be very selective about the people you want to expose yourself to. It also gave features like chat that and made people more comfortable in sharing content about themselves like photographs and art which they would have been hesitant to share otherwise.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More applications, chat systems, user friendly and you can download any photos in facebook. May be for these reasons facebook is getting popular.

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by planetofficefurn View Post
    More applications, chat systems, user friendly and you can download any photos in facebook. May be for these reasons facebook is getting popular.
    It's more than 'getting' popular. With nearly a billion members (or has it passed a billion and I missed it?) I'd say it IS pretty popular. Where else in the world do you find that?
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shyambansal View Post
    I think, Everyone is on Facebook today. I want to know how the social networking site facebook.com become so popular
    Because of its features also at present time everyone has their profile on fb. We can connect to our old freinds easily on FB.

SitePoint Member littlemisschic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K. Wolfe View Post
    It limited who could join. It was stupid simple.
    Yeah, people want to be part of something thats a exclusive, It's about status the same reason apples so popular. If you tell people they can't join they will want to join more!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r937 View Post
    you forgot option 4 -- die a slow and painful death, just like myspace did
    Just today I was having the same discussion. Mark Zuckerberg will not let it die, never, it seems. It stands with industrial behemoths like Google and MS in terms of earning and innovation. So it dying might be a possibility, but still distant one.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Re:

This is the most powerful social media which connects distant people in no time.It can be accessible from any place at any time without any cost.it is the fastest media to convey the message around the world.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suny,

Correct, but consider a fact, Facebook might get a good new competitor, if some geek works on the flaws of Facebook - some techie guys from Linkedin, Twitter and Digg, if they get together and design something much more impressive that shadows Facebook. And then within no time, a child will be born that would challenge Facebook, yet another time.

Even Google hasn't backed out from the competition, it would put up a good fight, sooner or later. Google is another name for innovation - there would be something under its sleeve soon. You just wait and watch.

What do you say..? In 2-3 years time or maybe months, which Social Media avenue is going to take charge..? Do you think there is someone who is going to break Facebook's monopoly..??

I'm waiting for someone to come up with PenguinFeet as a Social Media. ..

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to Me, Facebook has more than 19 million registered users across 47,000 regional, work-related, college or high-school networks.
    So why Facebook is so popular.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srsexperts View Post
    According to Me, Facebook has more than 19 million registered users across 47,000 regional, work-related, college or high-school networks.
    So why Facebook is so popular.
    Sounds like your source is a tad bit dated... Facebook has over 1 billion users or about 44% of the internet population. Of course why facebook became popular is not a function of how many users it has now.
    - Ted S

SQL Consultant gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted S View Post
    Sounds like your source is a tad bit dated...
    yeah, like 5 years old --
    How Did Facebook Become so Popular? 2007-08-08
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL
    "giving out my real stuffs"

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you'll think about any authority websites like Facebook, Google, Apple, Microsoft, etc. They were not born with authority symbol. But they provides excellent services to their users and that makes them so popular. Take a look to their service quality and than compare it to other competitors will get idea what makes them so popular.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty nice question why facebook is so popular?. I think its all happen just because of its features like Sharing images, videos and the most important its wall where we can easily see what's going on related to updates. On that facebook use other social network for its popularity like in Orkut. But I think in future people start using other social networks which have more features than facebook like Myspace, Kasbee Bebo etc.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On Facebook quickly and easily attach with a friend, we easily find our classmate who are not in contact. We touch our relatives who are spread over another country. Facebook is also included free integration option and advertising option. Facebook allow you to both stalk and block. I will friend you but you are not allowed to see anything about me.