SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Blog commenting

  1. #1
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Blog commenting

    I commented in several blog site with my name, email and website and then post comments. Some of them instantly approved, some of which waiting for moderation but some of them showed nothing. Can anybody tell me the reason why some blog site does not show comments in the commenting area.

  2. #2
    Mouse catcher silver trophy
    Stevie D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    5,835
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It depends on how the blog is set up and what software it is using. Some blogs show comments that are awaiting moderation to the person who posted them, others don't. If you aren't logged in or remembered then that would explain why your post doesn't show until it has been approved.

    Off Topic:

    I have moved this from Internet Marketing to Social Media, because blog commenting has nothing at all whatsoever to do with Internet Marketing (and if you are using it in that way then you are very much wasting your time, and other people's).

  3. #3
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Winona, MN USA
    Posts
    10,054
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There could be any number of reasons. Your comments may have fallen into their spam filter (Not saying they did, but it's a possibility), they may be waiting in moderation, or the blog owner may have decided to close that particular post for comments altogether. It really depends upon who administers the blog. Comments on blogs are not a right, but a courtesy that blog owners extend to their readers.

    What type of comments have you been writing? Short comments like "nice post" or "thanks for posting this" can often end up on the scrap bin. Generally, good bloggers want comments that promote discussion of their posts, much the same as those we expect from our members here. If you have a question about a certain blog comment, your best option is to contact the blog admin and ask why your comment wasn't published. Even if they don't have a posted contact address, if you use something like admin (at) blogname.tld or info (at) -- of course substituting the sign for the word 'at', your question will usually be directed to the blog admin.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

  4. #4
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I don't use short words only. Al least 2 or 3 sentence

  5. #5
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Winona, MN USA
    Posts
    10,054
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bornoseo View Post
    No I don't use short words only. Al least 2 or 3 sentence

    Still the content of those two or three sentences may be the issue. As said before, the best way to find out is to contact one of the blogs that don't publish your comments. It's doubtful that anyone here can come up with another person's reason for doing what they do or don't do.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

  6. #6
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look! This generally means that your comment has been submitted for moderation. The kind of commenting that you have described, almost gives, "comment on moderation" results only. So, try find out blogs that allow html's on the comment body. Generally such blogs will ask you to login and such websites give instant and permanent approval too.

  7. #7
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for giving your idea.

  8. #8
    SitePoint Member Miller76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Hunter
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably owners accept only paid links.

  9. #9
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's obvious, some websites may not wish other unknown sources to spam their comment section. This will end up as a headache if your website holds spam information. Thats the reason why all websites don't accept comments with a website link pinned to it.

  10. #10
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Winona, MN USA
    Posts
    10,054
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller76 View Post
    Probably owners accept only paid links.
    Why, after reading through this thread, would you believe that? I have yet to see a blog that accepts paid only comments.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

  11. #11
    SitePoint Member mirsarif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generally such blogs will ask you to login and such websites give instant and permanent approval too. So your back link will be generate for that blog.

  12. #12
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi
    It some time occur, when the commends are used in wrong way.And use 3 or more sentence as commends.
    Thanks.

  13. #13
    SitePoint Member Miller76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Hunter
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyflower View Post
    Why, after reading through this thread, would you believe that? I have yet to see a blog that accepts paid only comments.
    It might happen. There are many people sell it.

  14. #14
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Winona, MN USA
    Posts
    10,054
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller76 View Post
    It might happen. There are many people sell it.
    It might but you don't know it does. Your previous statement said 'probably'. I would say that lacks credibility.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

  15. #15
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    blogs sometime hold comments for moderation depending on how many comments, the person approving could take a while, or they can reject the comment thinking it's spam

  16. #16
    SitePoint Member FuraInc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are several reason but one of most popular reason is the blogger doesn't have time to manage comment, So that they don't want any comment section in their blog post.

  17. #17
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is because blogger wish to maintain dignity of his blog & furthermore to prevent spam content. If you comment is appropriate according to niche & doesn't having promotional link then he will definitely approve your comment.

  18. #18
    Mouse catcher silver trophy
    Stevie D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    5,835
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenbolt View Post
    This is because blogger wish to maintain dignity of his blog & furthermore to prevent spam content. If you comment is appropriate according to niche & doesn't having promotional link then he will definitely approve your comment.
    You can't say "definitely", because it is not guaranteed that a blogger will approve each and every non-spam comment. Some bloggers only approve comments that are really high quality discussion pieces. Some bloggers don't approve comments that are critical of the blog or that they disagree with. Some bloggers just aren't very good at the admin side and might forget to approve comments or miss some by accident.

  19. #19
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Winona, MN USA
    Posts
    10,054
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think we have rounded up most of the reasons comments aren't immediately approved.

    Thread Closed
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •