SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Link Building for the main page or also subpages ?

In the Link Building always target on my main pages . Will be more helpful if i will start to target also on the subpages of my site ? or is not valuable

Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The link should target whichever page is most relevant in the context.

For example, if you have a site for a bicycle shop, then links referencing bicycle hire should go to the hire page, links referencing bicycle repairs should go to the repairs page, etc. It's not helpful to your visitors to land them all on your home page and leave them to try to work out for themselves where to find the information they wanted.

In addition, I believe most search engines will give more weight to links which accurately target pages in this way.
    Take plenty of exercise walk round and round the garden
    or

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Artificial link building has become pretty pointless. If the link to your page has little relevance to the page, the link itself has no value for searchengines.

SitePoint Enthusiast alisha_taylor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ TechnoBear - Rightly said.

@ manparas - Try to build some good back-links for inner page also and keep in mind that page is proper linked with your relevant landing page.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Re:

Quote Originally Posted by manparas View Post
    In the Link Building always target on my main pages . Will be more helpful if i will start to target also on the subpages of my site ? or is not valuable
    Home page of website would always at high priority but we also have to promote our other pages. I think we should make every page as landing page with specific keywords. It is very brain storming task but you can sure perform the same and it will sure revert you back.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Link Building the Main Page will help increase the rankings of the sub or innner pages as long as they have a do follow tags.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't build all links to the main page ONLY. It's is definitely valuable to give backlinks to EVERY page of your website. Don't just optimize the main page, but also the subpages. Google evaluates individual pages.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Link Building is not only to homepage it is also applicable to deep links, if your targeted keyword is in deep link then we have to build a linkup to that page also. So my opinion is not permanent to home page.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for all your help .

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i will do link building for both pages and at equal level because i just don't want my home page to rank only rather i will try to rank my inner page also because i will have more keywords to work on and will give better chances of ranking for both the pages.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can do backlinking for all pages or for the important pages... but the free directory submission do for home page only for more gaining

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is funny you mentioned this because I am realizing that all these years I have been just building links to Home Page. But now I am seeing the importance of building them to inner pages.

I did inner linking between pages which is good but you need to do more than that !
    You Want to Learn how to Blog and make a Living with it ? Do you really ? Well Click here how to make money blogging

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so which one is more important?linking to home page or the inner pages?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    id do some analysis for sites that compete for your niche... use a tool like linkdiagnosis and get a spreadsheet of their internal page links and anchor text use, then break down the links into home/deep and for each again split it by brand/keyword/generic... do that for as many sites as you can in your niche and work out the safe zone for your deep linking and anchor text use.

while you're at it you can also work out other kpi's like pagerank of link sources, links per domain and more to help your safe zone be the safest it can be based on current SEO practices

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trooperbill View Post
    id do some analysis for sites that compete for your niche... use a tool like linkdiagnosis and get a spreadsheet of their internal page links and anchor text use, then break down the links into home/deep and for each again split it by brand/keyword/generic... do that for as many sites as you can in your niche and work out the safe zone for your deep linking and anchor text use.

while you're at it you can also work out other kpi's like pagerank of link sources, links per domain and more to help your safe zone be the safest it can be based on current SEO practices
    This is a nice strategy,, really building links for sub-pages makes it much work, but it's essential for any website.

thanks

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. As per Google's recent update optimizing keywords for internal pages with keywords will boost your ranking as well as keep away from google penalties.