I know there are a few of these floating around today so wanted to add my two cents too.

Wishing everyone around the world a Merry Christmas!!!

And this is a reminder for those of you who are traveling.

Last week I went to pick up my daughter at school and on the way I witnessed a horrifying car accident just seconds after it happened. The two cars involved were sports cars; a Trans Am and a Mitsubishi Eclipse (both popular cars here). The Eclipse was totally demolished with less than half of the car in tact (where the driver was seated). He was a young kid and he was pinned inside of the car. I could see his hand up against the window while a passerby was trying to keep him calm until the ambulance arrived. The accident occurred not even a 1/4 mile from the school and most kids were still in class waiting for the bell to ring.

I was in tears by the time I arrived at the school. I kept thinking, here it is Christmas, this kid has been in a terrible accident, and his family doesn't know it yet. They are probably shopping for their son, or preparing for a family get together and have no clue of what has happened.

I've never been so shaken by an accident before, and I've seen quite a few. I had a funny feeling my daughter may know this kid and I would have to drive back by the accident because it was the only way back to my house. Sure enough, as we passed we could see him on the stretcher and she screamed out his name and begin to cry herself. The accident lingered in both our minds for the rest of the day and night. She finally got in touch with a mutual friend and found out he was in ICU in critical condition.

We found out the kid was doing about 80 MPH in a 35 MPH zone (school zone) and clipped the Trans Am who was pulling into the kid's lane. His car rolled four times before stopping and he landed on the bridge which tore a huge hunk out of the concrete barrier.

Sadly enough, he is still in ICU and him and his family will be spending Christmas in the hospital.

I'm not very good at descriptive writing but I hope those that read this will think twice about safety on the road during the holidays.