SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello everyone - I just found this board and have been clicking around for a little while now and Im amazed! It seems to be an awesome amount of knowledge here - which is Great!!
    I will be back here often with my concerns, and hope it wont annoy the heck outta you folks LOL.

Anyway, my first question is more than likely simple for most of you guys - but where can I get a quick intro to Image mapping...? Im trying to make a nicer solution for a menu than the hopeless one that I currently have.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken
    http://www.chevyworld.net

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forums

You can set up image maps in many ways. You can code the HTML (which might be hard) or you can use software to do it. Many large HTML editors (both text and WYSIWYG) include a feature that lets you create image maps within the program. What editor are you using? It's different for each editor.

You can also download a freeware/shareware program from Download.com or a similar site. I have used a program called MapMaker quite a long time ago, its perfect for the job.

Good luck!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there, and thanks for the welcome!

To tell you the truth, Im pretty much just using notepad and good ol' html coding However, I have FP and have used it a little bit but havent taken the time to really learn it..
    Im sure a separate program for the task would be my favorite for now, so I'll head over to download.com and see what I can find.

Thank you for your help!

Ken

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have FrontPage 2000 or FrontPage 98 (not FrontPage Express), you can make an imagemap easily. I forgot how to do this, but I am sure a little hunting around the program would lead to your goal.

Skills to Pay the Bills Sparkie's Avatar
    A cave with 47 computers and an internet feed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the SitePoint Community!

A good image map program I recommend is CuteMap, located at http://www.cutemap.com . It has a very user-friendly interface and a good help tutorial on creating image maps.

Good luck!

Sherice Jacob - Web Improvement Expert
    Improve Website Conversions | eBook Covers
    Follow Me on Twitter!