User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Please review my PayPal payment routing website PayVIN.com

Hello!

I've recently launched PayVIN.com, which is a nifty PayPal tool to help freelancers and other PayPal users more easily accept one-off PayPal payments, while limiting the exposure of their PayPal email address.

Users register their VIN on the site for free. Each VIN is linked to a user's PayPal email address, and it acts as a router to their PayPal account.

For example, I would share my VIN (100100100) or link my clients to my PayVIN Profile to help them quickly initiate a PayPal payment directly to me. It's sort of like having a third-party hosted personal PayPal checkout page.

I would love to have some feedback about your initial impression of the design/layout, as well as how easily you understand the function of the site. There is a quick visual tour here: https://payvin.com/how-payvin-works.php

Thanks so much!

https://payvin.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How it works?? I have no idea about that......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you may need a bit more explaining about VIN on your site. To me, I don't know what to do when I get there.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't exactly understand what it means. I think paypal interface and client page is enough simple... But if we are talking about the design, orange is the best color for commerce. I think grey and orange looks very good together. Also dark grey bars at the top and bottom of the pages make the eye look at body that's what we are trying to do.

Just a small thing: Pay, instantly ... that words should be "Text", not an image. The text in the meat of the website from SEO view. Otherwise page looks good, dark grey frame around the images look good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure how I would use this, or if it solves a problem for me. But there could be a lot of people for who it may. I think on your home page you need to be bold, and almost use a bit of a scare tactic. Tell people that they are exposed providing their email information etc. Otherwise, I think it is too much work education people why they need this?

And, what would people search for to find this site?
    Maarten

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there should be a large image of how it works on the main page. I don't get any idea what the site is about there only some phrases. And I don't get why entering a VIN on your site is easier than entering an email on paypal?

Design is nice, colors are cool and site looks professionally. Just missing more info.
    http://www.yourshoutbox.com <- FREE chat for your website - limited offer
    http://www.smartchatbox.com <- let your visitors talk

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all I think your site is a good idea, although my first question would be how secure is your site with my details?

I would have the FAQ on your top menu bar – it was the first thing I looked for to find an answer to my question above and by the way, I didn’t get an answer to that.

I would also put a youtube video on the front page, explaining what payvin is and how you use it.

As I haven’t registered on your site there isn’t a lot more to add as I haven’t tried it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Design looks well...

very attractive design....

Looks clear and awesome....

your site is useful

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Website looks great. Design wise no changes required. However this is a new concept so on homepage you do need to find a way to better explain what the product is about.

I understand it, bascially you allow people to pass on their VIN instead of their regular PayPal info. I don't see the benefit in this, so your going have to explain WHY people should use a VIN instead of their PayPal address on your homepage. I didn't know people had issues with giving out their PayPal info, so this could be tough to crack into.
    Founder and CEO of AreYouTaken.com