User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please review my social bookmarking site

Life Cafe: http://www.lifecafe.me/

I've been working on my website for a while and I would love to hear your opinions how I can improve it.

What I'd like to create is a friendly and inviting atmosphere where people can post links about the subjects they are interested, comment on them and discuss about it.

Please give me your opinion regarding the ease of (or difficulty in) use, layout, colour, functionality etc. Also I'd like to hear about the text, such as taglines. Not being a native English speaker it is not my strong point

The site is not officially live yet so please have a go and let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Rio

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Website looks good, moreover I believe that the links are moderated seeing the quality of links accepted. I see health care, yoga and meditation related links on your bookmarking website, would be better if you moderate all links and make sure there is no unrelated links on your website to keep the quality going.

Moreover, you can try adding some plugins or modules, depending on the CMS you use, such as Recent links or submissions, Good links, etc.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Footer needs some work, its slightly boring
    Other then that it looks good.
    I d also add some filters on the top of the page.

I am afraid however that just being good might not be enough when there are already a dozen social bookmarking sites on the market. Hope you get your share anyway. gl.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback.

@timesheet
    I've been working on a plugin to stop spam registrations and it seems to have stopped spam posts as well. When the site's traffic increases in the future I may have to implement few other measures. And thanks for your suggestion about adding few more modules. I'll add few more in the right column.

@Lieto
    By filter do you mean something like "Best from the last 24hours/week/month" or categories?
    I totally agree with your next point. There are already dozens if not hundreds of bookmarking site. I'll have to find its own niche and a unique selling point.

@roozmarry871
    One of the benefit would be that you'd come across something interesting you didn't even know you were interested in... I hope

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Life cafe design seems very simple but very nice. Need to work more on footer section.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there any suggestion for how to improve the footer for this site? I've been looking at this site for so long and I've kind of gone blind now...

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The footer looks fine in my opinion. I like the overall theme and look of the site. It corresponds well with the content. I think you've done a good job!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still you need to improve for social bookmarking site...i think need to improve design wise also.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's a really good start, and it looks like the site is generating interest, so that's good One thing I noticed is that when you first arrive at the site it's not obvious how to sort through the links. This will be a big problem once you get a large number of links. Have you considered including the tags closer to the top, perhaps in the sidebar? Maybe something like "most popular tags" would be a good segue to alert the user that there is some method of organization (without having to scroll to the bottom of the site). Categories might also be a good tool to consider, especially if users could "subscribe" to categories in which they are interested (someone might want to see links about Yoga, but not Thai massage).

At this point I feel the best thing you could do is to make the site's organization, and (consequently) navigation, more prevalent and accessible.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems pretty good.it reminds me tagza. Now you have to promote it, thats the difficult part

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a bit nice site. The design is good for social bookmarking site.... But to make it more popular and user friendly, please also provide option of signing in with the help of other Social networking sites and avoid the overload of registration... like most popular bookmarking sites provide option of sign in with Facebook, Twitter, Google account like that.....

As far as quality link to be consider, approve only relevant link.. So it is worth...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its good .. just improve the designs and loading speed of the page..

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh you site looks good. The layout of the site is great. The fonts of the posts and even the image is good.It's much better if your category will be maximized. You should not focus on just health and fitness. Try to add categories per month. It will help your site to become more popular. Tags cloud should be at the side so that the viewer's can see it easily. Promote it on different social media platforms. I know that there are persons who love to bookmark theor favorite websites or post it on Zizbang.com they have a site that shows the reviews and ratings made by others.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your Registration page is not available !

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there,

Thanks everyone for interesting comments! Sorry for not replying for a while... I was tied up on other projects.

@thetxgirl
    You have a valid point about the landing page. I need to make it more obvious what this site is all about. As something I can do quickly I moved up Tag Cloud module higher up the right column. Beside that I am designing an extra box on the home page that explains about the site and more importantly inviting visitors to register and join in.

Also you gave me an idea about "Most Popular Tags" with an option to subscribe to it. I think this is a good alternative to categories menu, which I kind of wanted to avoid. I'll definitely work on it in the near future.

@webgeekboy
    Yep. Making site is an easy part. Now I am learning how to promote it. Watch this space

@expertsindia
    Signing in with Facebook and other social media is something I'll have to consider in the future to increase the participation to the site.

And thank you for all the positive comments! It's very encouraging.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I think it looks fine. My only criticism would be that it doesn't necessarily look and feel like the content suggests. I think the functionlity is excellent and very clear but maybe you could add some more imagery to the header. The background and sections look nicely contrasted. Personally i would change the blue for a green or an orange.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so impressed with the idea of this website. It's something I'm very much interested in learning about and I think you have found a great niche here!

Great work.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, and congratulations on your website. I like the idea, the design and I'm sure you put some effort in it.
    I like the colors too and the content is well placed.
    I think you should focus more on the social sharing aspect. Some share buttons for the articles maybe and a login with Facebook would be useful.

Good luck !

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Content itself I find a bit all over the place, but the layout and the site structure I really liked!

Good stuff!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The website design to me looked like very personal and informal, in a way that I felt there is one guy only behind this photo, where when I go to other sites like StumbUpon I feel there is a big team/company behind it. Perhaps you may work more on giving some professional modern look to it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Design is so cool but I think you should think about your font size & color