SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uncertain issue, code breakdown on my site? Looking for explanation and help.

My site is http://barrybecause.com and I am continually getting a total breakdown on the HOMEPAGE only.

The problem is sporadic it seems and I am attaching a screen shot of what the website looks like when loaded. Same in all browsers I tested.

Screen Shot 2012-09-24 at 2.46.07 PM.png

I don't know what is causing the problem or even what the exact problem is. Any help?

Community Advisor silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I would hazard to say it's a problem with your header() ( I am guessing you are using Wordpress). Your entire TOP OF YOUR HTML IS MISSING, as such your styles are not being applied, or applied properly. Are you using a different file for your homepage header as for your other pages? Make use, when including alternate files that the you have the correct file path (or better yet use an absolute path... in other words "http://mysite.com/dir/dir2/dir3/file.php" instead of "../../file.php") , which may be the cause of the sporadic errors.

Hope that helps. GO BARRY!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. I don't believe I have altered theme in any such way or am using/changed theme files for header and other pages. I will try and re-upload maybe?

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Very odd. On first load, I got the whole page, and then refreshing the page most of it was gone—everything from here up:

<!-- #sidebar -->

... which is most of the page.

Perhaps there's something on the page that intermittently fails and kills the page load. You might have to strip out bits, then test, to see what's causing it.
    Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Web Design Tips | Free Contact Form

Forum Usage: Tips on posting code samples, images and more

Forrest Gump: "IE is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you're gonna get."

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using a theme from same developer on a separate site and get the exact same problem. Now I'm guessing it must be a plugin issue? However, I tried deactivating matching plugin's on both sites and still found breakdown... :/

See attached screenshot

tumblr_maxq0gEbzO1r622vco1_1280.png

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Hm, very odd. I'll move this to the CMS forum to see if anyone there has some ideas.
    Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Web Design Tips | Free Contact Form

Forum Usage: Tips on posting code samples, images and more

Forrest Gump: "IE is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you're gonna get."