SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have recently installed Small Office 2000 on my brand new computer at work.

When I went to start up Outlook, I was faced with a series of options to do with the e-mail set up. At present, I am not connected to the Internet, but I chose the button for my computer to use Microsoft Exchange. Now, when I try and start Outlook, I have no Calender, Task, Journal etc and I have no idea how to reset the computer to show these folders. I have unistalled it, but this doesn't change anything. I have asked my computer friends if they know how to change the settings to make it work, but they don't know. This site has been recommended by a friend, so it is my last hope before I have to ring Microsoft who will charge me 45 to help me.

Are you out there Mr Gates?

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try installing Outlook again and run the setup wizard again. Also, take some screenshots for us so we can see what exactly you mean.

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't use Microsoft Exchange unless you have an Exchange Server ($300-$100,000 license). When you use Exchange all the data is stored on the server even your folders. Since Outlook can't connect to a Server it can't download that information.

What you will have to do is change your profile to us Internet Email instead of Exchange. Since there is no Internet access on that PC just create a bogus account or copy your existing information in there and set the auto-retrieve feature to off. Also make sure that you create a local PST file to hold your data. Mine is located in the Windows Directory.

Wayne Luke
    ------------