User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    #titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khushi123 View Post
    I would like to be a teacher after my marriage so that i can pay full attention to my job and family both becoz teaching is a half day job that helps u to maintain your own identity as well as your family.
    Maybe that's in your coutry... in other countries is a full time job

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my childhood days, I always wanted to become a doctor but as I grew up then I got to know its not as easy to become a doctor, so I choose to become an IT engineer. Now, that I have completed my engineering, now I thinks why didn't I opted for the teacher profession.? Its a respectful job, if we get sincere students and also the best part of this profession is that we can give time to both our profession and family.

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by princysharma1990 View Post
    In my childhood days, I always wanted to become a doctor but as I grew up then I got to know its not as easy to become a doctor, so I choose to become an IT engineer. Now, that I have completed my engineering, now I thinks why didn't I opted for the teacher profession.? Its a respectful job, if we get sincere students and also the best part of this profession is that we can give time to both our profession and family.
    You can still opt to it and teach at University. Nothing is stopping you. Why don't you give it a try? But I tell you that, as any profession, it has its ups and downs

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Teaching is wonderful actually, but unfortunately, in my country, teachers have very bad salaries((

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gedeon View Post
    Teaching is wonderful actually, but unfortunately, in my country, teachers have very bad salaries((
    I am sure it depends on what you teach. If its something web or programming related you can actually make a lot of money. You can even do it online.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, because I know teaching has never been my thing.

Being a teacher is a gift. It requires knowledge and ability to impart it, patience, passion and a lot of emotional strength. My mom is a teacher and I commend her for being such a great educator. I grew up witnessing her work and I always thought I can never be like her.

Avid Logophile silver trophy
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StarLion View Post
    I've considered teaching a course at a college level. (On programming, naturally)

Instead, I help people on this forum. why?

1: I get to help more people here in a year than I would teaching... lets say 60 students over the course of the same year. If I really tried, I could probably help more than that in a single day here.
    2: The people I help here are (for the most part) actually interested in learning that which I can help them with, rather than taking the course just for credit hours.
    3: No pressure/stress (other than a few posters)/forced timetable
    4: No homework to grade
    5: Focused help. I'm really good at PHP. But you really couldn't make a whole year's coursework out of that (without it being a specialized project-based class). I could teach classes on programming theory and various languages, but it doesn't hold enough interest for me.
    6: Learning myself. The most dangerous trap of teaching is falling to the assumption that you know everything, and stop learning. I know only enough to know that I know nothing; that learning never stops.
    I agree and applaud your attitude and effort!
    Thank you.
    Don't be yourself. Be someone a little nicer. -Mignon McLaughlin, journalist and author (1913-1983)

Git is for EVERYONE
    Literally, the best app for readers.
    Make Your P@ssw0rd Secure
    Leveraging SubDomains

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally agree!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously telling I had never thought to being a teacher even in dreams. It to tough to learn a child. How the teachers handle I always thinks there are so many children and the teacher is only one. How could anybody handles so many children at a same time. I think they have a big patience to handle a small kids. It should be very tough according to me and I never had plan to this life.

<snip />
    Last edited by SpacePhoenix; Oct 23, 2012 at 00:30. Reason: removed fake signature

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell yeah, it's definitely not easy job but it's a job where you can truly be satisfied with results of your own actions.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, i want to become a teacher, because i think the career is so great.

From Italy with love silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xretk View Post
    Yeah, i want to become a teacher, because i think the career is so great.
    Could you tell us what you think is so great about a career as a teacher?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when i am 21, i started privet teaching. it was very hard to teach some body but after some time i become a good teacher. it feel good that i am a teacher and i also proud myself.
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Oct 27, 2012 at 09:13. Reason: No self-promotion, please

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Teaching is a very good profession, if you understand the mentality and needs of a student you will become a very good teacher.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont want to be a teacher because for me, i must practice things which i should preach...which i am not good at !!

From Italy with love silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peterpaul123 View Post
    Teaching is a very good profession, if you understand the mentality and needs of a student you will become a very good teacher.
    True. But what about you? Have you thought of being a teacher? Why/why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by rahultripathi View Post
    i dont want to be a teacher because for me, i must practice things which i should preach...which i am not good at !!
    Can you give an example?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really do not want to be a teacher.In the past in my childhood this kind of thing never comes to my mind.I thing teaching is a painful profession.