SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Web design attract me because of designing. I love designing and love to make new designs.

Gre aus'm Pott gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    I got into it in 2005 when I volunteered to take over my diving club's web page.
    Back then I didn't know the first thing about HTML or CSS, but once I started learning I couldn't stop.
    I ended up completely redesigning my club's entire site, then realised I could make money out of web design, and I haven't looked back since.

SitePoint Enthusiast CreativeConcepts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pullo View Post
    I got into it in 2005 when I volunteered to take over my diving club's web page.
    Back then I didn't know the first thing about HTML or CSS, but once I started learning I couldn't stop.
    I ended up completely redesigning my club's entire site, then realised I could make money out of web design, and I haven't looked back since.
    That's great, I know webdesign is the same for me. It's a passion and the endless creativity keeps us going!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. I was doing lots of graphic design stuff and started noticing the web in the late 90s, seemed obvious it was going to be around for a while and was worth learning how to build websites, got more enthusiastic as I realised how easy websites made it to reach out to people worldwide and find people interested in what you were doing etc.
    2. Basically ditto, I love the international ease of it all, and am looking forward to learning HTML5 properly seeing some of the things that can be acheived, up until recently websites always felt pretty much like print graphic design on a screen, now they're using technology that much more to be their own medium.
    Last edited by SDGSteve; Nov 7, 2012 at 13:22. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I allready had as much experience as you do! But I love learning anyway. HTML5 is exciting indeed, learning about it along with a lot of other stuff now!

Quote Originally Posted by SDGSteve View Post
    1. I was doing lots of graphic design stuff and started noticing the web in the late 90s, seemed obvious it was going to be around for a while and was worth learning how to build websites, got more enthusiastic as I realised how easy websites made it to reach out to people worldwide and find people interested in what you were doing etc.
    2. Basically ditto, I love the international ease of it all, and am looking forward to learning HTML5 properly seeing some of the things that can be acheived, up until recently websites always felt pretty much like print graphic design on a screen, now they're using technology that much more to be their own medium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i love to work at home and web-designing give me that opportunity and web designing is place where i can show my creativity that's why i love web-designing .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CreativeConcepts View Post
    I wish I allready had as much experience as you do! But I love learning anyway. HTML5 is exciting indeed, learning about it along with a lot of other stuff now!
    I spent a lot of it with bad habits though! A thing I like about web design is that although experience is really great, everything changes so quickly new people can come in any time and not be at much of a disadvantage.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Friends and family.

How most things start to be honest

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got into it at uni when i was studying electronics (in 1998/1999) back then there wasnt much designing, so much as playing with html.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by localhost8080 View Post
    i got into it at uni when i was studying electronics (in 1998/1999) back then there wasnt much designing, so much as playing with html.
    Why did you get into it, was it about money maybe? Or because you wanted to share something on the webs?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started out building CD-ROM multimedia presentations some 10 years ago. It was a very long process until the final product was available to the end user. On web I love the fact that you can create and publish to the entire world instantly.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing particularly actually. I started having fun in PS, ended up on learning html/css (dunno why, thought that was my next step after PS basics), bought few good books and that's it.
    I still consider myself beginner, since I'm on it for maybe 6 months or so. Loving it from the start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then I think it is the hunger for knowledge, a lot of people that comment say they like to learn more and more!
    Webdesign is great because there is always more to learn!

Quote Originally Posted by m4d View Post
    Nothing particularly actually. I started having fun in PS, ended up on learning html/css (dunno why, thought that was my next step after PS basics), bought few good books and that's it.
    I still consider myself beginner, since I'm on it for maybe 6 months or so. Loving it from the start.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm, possible. But I don't think its hunger for knowledge in general, because I study economy/tourism(one more year and I'm done) at the moment and I'm not hungry at all.
    In the meantime, notepad++ at home

Don't get me wrong, economy stuff is always good to know. But I think you don't need college for the things you really enjoy, and if you have the time to dedicate to it, why not.
    My friends come home and play games whole day and I did that too two years ago but then I realized that you can do it all if u organize things better. You will feel much better too.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what is the most considerable thing in it , so that it can attract people .

From Italy with love silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David kartik View Post
    what is the most considerable thing in it , so that it can attract people .
    I don't quite understand your reply. Did you enter webdesign because you like to attract people?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started designing web pages in my semester course, and want to get good marks and in competition with my friends, i done very well, my teachers appreciated me, later on I started studying further and practicing designing on Photoshop. I love to design, its my passion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all my friend opened a website for me and it was kind like had for me to run that website without any knowledge on websites and design, this was my fast step into webdesign and up to now am still in the same thing, I gain experience day by day through forums discussions and searching.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    having the need to create my own website

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started a cartooning diploma about fours ago. It soon dawned on me that i was trying to enter a highly competitive industry and looked at trying to promote myself better. Someone suggested that i create a website to showcase my cartoons. But because i couldn't afford to pay for one, i got myself and ebook on HTML off ebay and soon found myself hooked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I needed an escape from my fulltime job.. doing some freelance webdesign for local companies gave me some confidence to be independent. But I'd like to move on to other things like app development.

<snip>
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Dec 8, 2012 at 14:17. Reason: Please wait 90 days for a real signature

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Running a small family business 12 years ago (timber yard) I decided that we 'needed to be online'. I set about learning html, css and built our business a static html site.
    I used that website as my learning tool, created it for the customer's use (NOT me as the designer) and it worked! I included prices, sizes, images, easy contact us forms and included technical specs that were 'end-user' readable. That first website I'm sure kept us in business for a few years more than had we not had a 'working' website. I often came out first page on Google for searches (early days then) and was proud of it.

From that very first website 12 years ago, by far the biggest thing I have learnt is that YOU HAVE TO BUILD A WEBSITE FOR THE END USER, not what YOU think is a good thing! It doesn't need to look pretty (it helps though) but it just needs to work!

I'm not a programmer, nor a graphic designer, nor done any university degrees or read books, (but boy I've done lots of searching websites online!!). I'm just a practical small business person - been there done that, love what I do and work damned hard to keep happy and appreciative clients. And they refer me on - that has to be a good thing! I NEVER profess to any of my clients however, to being anything other than I am - totally self-taught but practical and honest.

I build my client sites, host them, provide 24/7 personal service, travel heaps with my retired husband, (I love an online business!!) and love life!

I believe there are "probably" 2 sets of web people out there - the real nerdy ones who've done the uni, the courses, know all the coding and programming stuff, work for others, go home each night with a clear head, build fabulous sites for corporate and major companies, and then there's small business web folk like myself who prefer the small business end of town, been there done that, don't need the hi tech stuff but create sites that - quite simply - work. We also tend to work weird hours!

Both sides have their pros and cons (and I'm not knocking any of you hi-tech folk, you do great stuff) - where do you fit in?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. I started a blog.

2. I love the creativity I get to use!