SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emulator for mac

Developing a site for a client that uses mac only, most of visitor's will be viewing through IE & PC. However I need a app if there is one that emulates what mac users see.

I know basic considerations to cater for when designing for the browsers, but it would still be good to actually preview my site through a mac emulator if there is one.

Not interested in using full mac emulator software, just a browser app for XP that will let me preview.

Anyone ?
    FamYon
    EasiDesign
    E-Mail -famyon@easidesign.com
    ICQ - 76529291

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know of any software you could pick up that would allow you to do this. But there are plenty of mac users here (including myself) who would be willing to help you out with screenshots and tech feedback (I run 10.2.3, with Netscape 7.01 and IE 5.2.2 currently).

Some issues to be aware of: if you are builidng an admin panel, you need to be wary of the current lacking state in which the newest Java plugin is available for mac's. I believe we are only at 1.3.1 (?) but there are some commercial text box editors that require a newer version. IE is also famous for truncating file upload paths so that the full path is not sent back to the database and your app throws an error. NS and Mozilla do not do this.

Generally what works on a PC will work on a Mac, if you write clean code and stay away from any hokey Windows/IE-only scripts.

Best of luck!

geof

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks very much and your help is appreciated.

I will post when I have some work completed, should be Jan 2003, on holiday now so Merry Xmas to all and have a good hogmany.
    FamYon
    EasiDesign
    E-Mail -famyon@easidesign.com
    ICQ - 76529291