User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member nguyentruongto's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how to connect an existing database in asp.net MVC

I have developed ERP application using classic ASP.net ,Sql server as a database with extensive use of stored procedures for business rules.ERP has 250 tables and around 500 stored procedures

I want to convert the same ERP to asp.mvc pltform and want to use the existing tables,stored procedures.

Please guide into the matter.
    Thanks so much !

SitePoint Member ExploreMySchool's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MVC is just a web technology, it won't affect your underlying database operations. You should be able to access your database the same way you access in ASP.Net. Revert if you need more help...

Resident OCD goofball! bronze trophy Serenarules's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyentruongto View Post
    I have developed ERP application using classic ASP.net ,Sql server as a database with extensive use of stored procedures for business rules.ERP has 250 tables and around 500 stored procedures

I want to convert the same ERP to asp.mvc pltform and want to use the existing tables,stored procedures.

Please guide into the matter.
    Thanks so much !
    When you said "classic asp.net" did you mean a prior version of ".net" or "classic ASP"? While the above poster is correct that you shouldn't have to change your database in any way, moving from asp to asp.net can, if you wish to the newer libraries and objects over old ado, make a difference. For the latter (upgrading from prior version) there is no real change.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to me Here is an article on MSDN talking about How to: Read Connection Strings from the Web.config.

You have a section almost at the top in your Web.config called connectionstrings, it could look something like this:

<connectionStrings>
    <add
    name="NorthwindConnectionString"
    connectionString="Data Source=serverName;Initial
    Catalog=Northwind;Persist Security Info=True;User
    ID=userName;Password=password"
    providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"
    />
    </connectionStrings>

<snip />
    Last edited by guido2004; Oct 23, 2012 at 01:33. Reason: please wait 90 days for a signature