SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Website Review: monoprosfores.net

Hello,

My new website: http://www.monoprosfores.net is up and running

Could you please inform me about your review and comments about the navigation and the design of this webpage?

I will not request review of the content because the language is not English.

Thank you very much!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    site nav looks fine, and you're right, can't understand a word !
    I think the google ad's at the top spoiles the design though - especially considering the rest of the site looks clear and clean. .

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure if the header is displaying the way you want, but the left and right sides look a bit broken to me.

Anyhow, the text looks a bit cramped, with not enough space between the text and the sidebar, and between the columns of text.

Other than that, it's all Greek to me.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warning: I'm a kind of critical reviewer, but don't take anything personally. I'm just trying to help you make your site better! That said, your site needs a lot of work.

From the top, on the stuff you have:
    • The header bars are messed up: http://puu.sh/15LTy
    • I'm not entirely sure what the pig on the balloon is supposed to be. Regardless, spend more time on it - the edges look very jagged.
    • The heading image is just... weird, it looks like one image was place on top of another. I would redo it entirely. http://puu.sh/15Mqt
    • You have a box in the clouds - but there's nothing in it! Looks very strange. Oh, I know why:
    • I had Adblock on. Now that it's off... That is just a uniquely horrible place to put ads - and they don't even fit into the design. It's like a scar on the face of your clean website design. Move 'em or remove 'em.
    • Not entirely sure what this thing is to the right of the slideshow arrow (http://puu.sh/15M07), but it doesn't seem very useful. I would take it out.
    • Add some padding to your sidebar content boxes.
    • I assume that you're going to insert pictures and spice up the content area a bit.
    • The random clouds are unneeded and don't add the the design.
    • "More articles" seems out of place.
    • Arial is overused - get a unique (not to say bad/unreadable) font.
    • Pagitnation just doesn't excite me.
    • The footer could use work. Make it go all the way across the page, and give padding inside the boxes. Also, the ads don't fit (in terms of size) correctly.
    • Use ems, not pts.
    • YSlow actually likes your page - good job!

Now, a couple things you don't have:
    • Is that a homepage? There's no text or headlines to draw the user in - they're just presented with a long page on twelve point text.
    • Search could be useful

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand all, except the words
    Nice design. I think, you can improve the heading part of the site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't understand the language but overall a nice website. Some alignment problem in header section.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, Greek or Cypriot? I am Cypriot. Site is good, I would suggest to add a forum so the visitors can communicate and speak about the offers. If was good etc...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few points from me:

- For me there is too much stuff moving around. It is distracting from the content. I am assuming you are all after clicks, and not the content?
    - Every text block has the same icon. I think you would have more credibility if you had a different one for each?
    - Footer is very empty.... Need more stuff in there, or make it smaller.
    Maarten

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I think the design is clean. I don't get a word there so I will focus only on the design and layout .

The design is clean but for me it is too empty. I would like to see light borders to distinguish each article maybe. Now I am quite confused (but maybe that is because I don't know what is written). I would add more images to the site as well - make them different. The right sidebar seems too empty as well.
    http://www.yourshoutbox.com <- FREE chat for your website - limited offer
    http://www.smartchatbox.com <- let your visitors talk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The logo is a bit pixelated, it seems the header itself hasn't been set up properly. My guess is that the background was set behind the div and a stretched image on top of it. You should streamline the header and place everything into one .header div.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi!
    Nice design! It loads quickly, clean webpage, the only thing is i dont understand Greek