SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gboxapp security worries

Since I am reading thread discussions about security, I hope you guys can help me with my question.
    I have recently downloaded the Gbox application. However, I am reading not-so-great reviews about the site. I desperately need to learn more about search.Gboxapp. Thank you so much!
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Sep 10, 2012 at 09:30. Reason: Unnecessary link removed.

Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Hi Forest Monte and welcome to the forums.

I have moved your question into a thread of its own, as it starts new topic. In future, please remember to start your own thread and not ask a new question in an existing thread.

What have the reviews you read said about Gboxapp which is worrying you? Have they not given any advice about what to do? A quick search on the internet shows plenty of results for search.gboxapp.com, with accompanying instructions for removing the toolbar. I don't know anything about the app myself, but I'd say if you're in any doubt about its safety, then you should remove it.
    Take plenty of exercise walk round and round the garden
    or

Community Advisor silver trophy

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The first few results for this shows it's considered spyware/malware, you'd be best to remove it.