User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WeddingHQ - a new way to organise weddings

Hi,

We're hoping to get some good feedback on this site - http://www.weddinghq.com/web/ - it'll require a sign-up (I'm curious as to how people find that experience too) but I can create a demo account if that's better?

Any feedback on the look and feel of the website, the layout, the functionality would be much appreciated - we're hoping to start promoting the site soon and want to try to make sure everything is just right before doing so

Many thanks

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Off Topic:

Quote Originally Posted by xkratosx View Post
    I can create a demo account if that's better?
    Sounds good to me. I ain't signin' up for nuffink.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.weddinghq.com/web/
    Username: sitepoint
    Password: sitepoint

Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    That's better.

The site look very nice and seems to work well, although I didn't really do anything active there.

Are you going to have an introductor home page, though? A site that is just a log in page isn't all that exciting. How will people fine out about the site, and how will you encourage them to get involved / use the service?

Edit:

Ah, I see, there is a home page:

http://www.weddinghq.com/

A question:
    - if accounts are free, how do you make a buck out of this? Maybe have an FAQ page. This sort of thing always makes me suspicious

Also, this paragraph needs a full stop / period instead of a comma:

Just create a checklist and start filling it with all the important things to do in the run up to your big day, Keep track of your more important tasks with reminders and notifications.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback ralph, we do have an introductory page, although it's still a work in progress right now so wanted feedback on the main site itself more than the homepage http://www.weddinghq.com/

Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xkratosx View Post
    Thanks for the feedback ralph, we do have an introductory page, although it's still a work in progress right now so wanted feedback on the main site itself more than the homepage http://www.weddinghq.com/
    Yes, thanks. We cross posted. Note my edit above.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, thank you ralph, and good spot, I'll get that paragraph fixed up asap

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Besides design being rather generic (not sure if more wedding flavor would hurt it, probably not) there is one thing i would do straight away — comprehensive step by step wizard as to what should i do. Sure there are tabs and it looks like i can organize something but i am just not sure where and how to start.

1. CONGRATULATIONS event has been created!!!
    2. Now do this!
    3. Now invite people! Wohoo, great! Now track who is coming and who is not.
    4. Now choose and order flowers!
    5. Your weddint is still lacking something. Lets do this, ok?
    6. Now wrap up gifts?

something like this would be cool imo.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I think the site is good but it looks more like an SEO optimising website than a wedding site. Maybe some wedding picture of a happy bride or a beautiful ceremony etc. Make the site look a bit more "weddingy" (sure thats not a word). Remember people planning a wedding are in "visual mode" and some stunning wedding photos might make them sit up and read.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a great idea for a website, although I avoid all things bridal so I'm not sure if comparable services exist.

I really like the first impression. The site seems sleek, clean, and easy to understand. It's a bit too dry/corporate for a wedding site, though. I'd prefer to see a different color scheme and design elements that are a little more fun and lighthearted. Your current navigation is a bit hard to read; the contrast is too low. And as someone else said, it's really lacking in visual planning tools.

The somewhat cold, analytical feel of the site leads me to believe it's made for micromanager/OCD personalities. Ok, then perhaps including a scheduler for the wedding day itself would be a great feature. You have a calendar tool for scheduling important days, but nothing that breaks down events by the hour. I would like to see a planner for the big day where the bride & groom can schedule every event from hair & makeup, times to arrive on location, the ceremony, photography, transport, reception, etc.

I'm confused between the difference between "Save" and "Save & Add", which I'm seeing all over the difference. Why have both?

I couldn't figure out how to add an unassigned guest to a table. Really, I clicked around a bit and I can't figure it out. Clicking on their name did nothing.

Try and make the site more beautiful and I think you'll have a winner.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good - took a little to load though

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First - get rid of the need to sign up for an account without being able to browse the site. I will tell you right now I will not sign up for anything if I don't know what I am getting myself into. I don't know if you can create an initial home page that provides a demo account and then in order to view anything on the site - you are required to sign in or something of that sort. I just know making people sign up before they can browse isn't the best idea. The site looks nice but I think a few things are missing. The main thing missing is why people should use your site over say theknot.com. What makes your site stand out from the rest of the million wedding sites out there. This is why I think a demo account is really necessary - you need to show people why using your site is worth their time.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that I would be reluctant to sign up for a site if I didn't know what it provided. When you have a zillion hits a day and people recommend it to each other (like The Knot), then it would be no problem to make registration immediate. I can understand why you want individual accounts to save the data, but I think you need an overview about what services you provide (we make planning your big day easier for you, etc.).

Even when I sign into the demo account, I can figure out what features you offer by using the tabs, but I expect a little more text encouragement and explanation. The step-by-step method mentioned by one reviewer above might be a good option. I love the Congratulations welcome, and then there's nothing--I don't want to create an event without a little more information. I'd like to see the Congratulations and then, "we'll help you make your event special, without the hassle. From the guest list to the seating plan to the menu options, let us make your life easier. Start by creating your guest list." (Or wherever you want them to start.)

I agree that visually, it's not very wedding-ish. I don't think it has to be floral and full of veils, but it looks kind of corporate, and I can't remember the name of the site or company without checking. It's great that the layout is clean and uncluttered. I think you could do a little more to gently lead people toward specific features of your site, and give them reasons to use it.

One thought is that there doesn't seem to be a clear target market. Based on your design, I'm guessing you're targeting relatively budget-conscious, busy brides who are not using wedding planners. You have a lot of good tools (I don't know what the competition is like, but the tools seem useful to me), but there's no text assuring me how much easier the planning will be, how much time it will save me, and so on. I don't want a hard sell, just a couple of sentences that focus on your key mission, so I can get a feel for this tool and the people behind it. I'm not really sure who you are or who you're targeting, so planning an event here is not as personal or fun or easy as it might be on another site with more personality, clear instructions, and clearly defined mission. hth

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all so much for your responses - some truly fantastic ideas in this thread. Due to holidays etc the project has been put on the back burner for a couple of weeks, but we're hoping to get right back into it again soon.

Our to-do list is going to be packed full of great ideas thanks to this thread, thanks again

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe a little wedding touch would do, you give emphasis on the app but not on the wedding which actually is the basic idea of it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    website is good and different from others. one suggestion would be keep user involved. give him a follow path of series and suggestions on each phase. like create your calander first, create event, event planner etc.

also the website is about happy day of life, which every human desperately waits for. so giv it a happy and colourfull theme, the current theme and colors looks dull for a person. use pictures etc.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do we need to login to see the website

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kurti View Post
    is about happy day of life, which every human desperately waits for. so giv it a happy and colourfull theme, the current theme and colors looks dull for a person. use pictures etc.
    exactly what im thinkin

SitePoint Enthusiast claire0917's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's simple and I know exactly where to click. But the theme needs to be happy. I would look at Invitation Cards and copy the colors and designs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a pretty neat idea, i also like the colors, everything is user friendly, Congrats!