SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy TheOriginalH's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have spent a good part of today running through kyank's tutorials on php and mySQL. Created several "dummy" databases, and even had a crack at one of my own. When I came to have a tinker this evening, mySQL was showing only the default "test", my work had dissapeared....

I have been having problems installing it, but it seemed to be fine. Have a sneaking suspicion I may have 2 versions running, which could account for it - I don't know.

any ideas?

Cheers,

H
    ~The Artist Latterly Known as Crazy Hamster~
    922ee590a26bd62eb9b33cf2877a00df
    Currently delving into Django, GIT & CentOS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when something like this happens to me(and it does many times when learning), i usually just remove the program(whatever it is) and reinstall it. You should probably do that, that would be for the best since you don't have any valuable data there.
    Try to follow the article exactly as it is written and everything should work(with a little patience). I've learned(and still learning) mysql and php from this article.
    i'm using win 2000 and i spent few days to install everything on my machine. But now it works great.

Mare

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same thing with me...sometimes I'll get into a bunch of nested if/else statements and echo commands...it all becomes a big jumble...if I get an error message I'll checkout the line number and try to debug it a bit...if it doesn't work, then I'll usually revert to a recently copied version of the file and try it again...with more patience and precision.

Everytime I have a breakthrough where I get something new to work I make a copy of the file...JUST IN CASE!